Jetting question

Ladle58

I'd rather see him play it safe.. Will 280 be too rich? Probably. If it's 20 degrees and he takes it out with a 220 and does some long ass pulls with it, I bet it won't live.
I'd rather see him start high and work his way back down than blow the thing up first time out.
I've never blown anything up having too much fuel.. Not enough fuel is a different story.
I'm with Tyrel on this. Start pig rich and work from there.

I always do that.

Envoyé de mon SM-G965W en utilisant Tapatalk

On 12/30/2018 at 12:44 AM, locogato11283 said:

There’s no chart for anything. Every motor is different. Start high and work down to avoid a big problem.

There is a Mikuni pocket calculator. it calls for one jet size for every 20*f change from "perfect" jetting. achieving perfect jetting is almost an art.

O.P. : It's safer to leave a horse or two in the barn than to push all of them back.

• 4 weeks later...

from my experience in cold weather you can't feed a 2 stroke enough fuel. Be careful on long pull the stock petcock can't keep up. I found out the hard way. Make sure to upsize your slow jet too. Should start easier as well but if muddy on low end after it's warmed up probably too Rich you can adjust this with air screw I believe. 

Edited by salmon_slayer06