392 Cub Motor

Gentlemen, I am going to sell my Banshee. Can someone help me determine the value of the engine alone? Please no 'what ever someone will pay for it' comments. I simply don't know. The description follows.  392 CUB. WSM piston 68mm. 34mm D-Slide. Hotrods crank long rod. K-N filter. Cool head, 18cc domes. Hinson/Barnet basket/clutch. It runs fine. Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

I do. Missing the front radiator plastic. Brand new 34mm carbs as I think it has a high RPM lean condition due to a chip in one of the D-slides, included. Sorry about the long rod comment as that is what I was told. If the pics dont load, I am sorry I just cant find a link to attach them.

20apd1v.jpg

euo7bm.jpg
s6t7yu.jpg
34fjgd5.jpg
2958duh.jpg
http://i63.tinypic.com/20apd1v.jpg[/IMG

20181030_104355side2.jpg

Edited by ALSWEL

In the first picture, you posted TM34mm carbs, aka flat slide.

In the pictures of the engine in the frame, you have different carbs. Which one comes with the engine?

As for the engine, honestly it looks like shit. It is dirty. This makes it hard to sell. The other issue is it is only a 392, most people like 421s.

It could be a long rod stock stroke crank, but only way to know 100% is measure the rod.

When you try to sell, try to clean the engine up to make it less dingy. Might be able to get $1500, but I am thinking $1200.

Both carb sets come with the engine. It has been sitting for years. It needs a bath. Its a 392, can't change that. My brother built it, he said long rod. The whole Banshee is being sold, I just wanted an estimate on the engine. Its for sale to anyone. The guy that bought my jetski last night saw it and started asking questions. Just trying to get my ducks in a row. Thanks guys.

2 hours ago, ALSWEL said:

I do. Missing the front radiator plastic. Brand new 34mm carbs as I think it has a high RPM lean condition due to a chip in one of the D-slides, included. Sorry about the long rod comment as that is what I was told. If the pics dont load, I am sorry I just cant find a link to attach them.

s6t7yu.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/20apd1v.jpg[/IMG

You sure that's a cub? Definitely not a traditional cub block. Doesn't look like any Wampus cylinders I've seen but maybe an older casting?

Ok, Glad I came here and asked questions. Can you even come close to 392 on stock cylinders with the hot rods crank and bore increase? Why run 34mm carbs  on a stock engine? Was going to sell it (all of it) for $1200. May have to rethink the price. I live in 60453.

Yes you can sleeve a stock cylinder and run 68mm pistons for a 392 with stock stroke crank. A 4mil on 65.5mm pistons would give you a 391. Lots of other combinations available to get in the neighborhood of 392.  Lots of people run big carbs on stock cylinders for more top end.

I don't know about the Il market but $1200 for the whole bike sounds like a deal for someone. In Southern CA in that condition (assuming it runs and titled) would bring $1700-2000 pretty easily. Knock about $500 off for no title and another $500 if it doesn't run.

• Like 1