Cheap jugs

Damann

4 hours ago, Damann said:

Has anyone ever ran cheap Namura piston kit? What is to expect? How long of life? What compression?

Running the cheap jugs is fine assuming you're lucky enough to get a set where the head studs line up and the two cylinders are level enough you can get the head/base to seal. Don't run the cheap pistons, not worth it. When (not if) they go you're risking your good crank, cases, stator etc... I have a left stock bore oem jug if you can find a right lol. I see sets needing a bore selling every week on Fb, just gotta jump on them when you see a deal or someone else will.

What do you mean? Cheap jugs are better then OEM or can be? Do you think cheap $100 ebay jugs and piston can hold up to basic mods and last as long as an OEM jug? I don't think a pro bike builder would even port an ebay cylinder, correct me if I'm wrong? I have both and would like to use the cheap set one day for something

7 minutes ago, Damann said:

What do you mean? Cheap jugs are better then OEM or can be? Do you think cheap $100 ebay jugs and piston can hold up to basic mods and last as long as an OEM jug? I don't think a pro bike builder would even port an ebay cylinder, correct me if I'm wrong? I have both and would like to use the cheap set one day for something

You said : Metal was better in older car.

I said : Not at all.