What mod should be next?

Papalala

How much HP do you guys think I will get? I got ported OEM cylinders with Wiseco pistons coolhead and 21 cc domes with t9 pipes and k&n filter. Jetting is probably gonna change with these additions + winter coming up but its currently 280 mains. I'd say its about 60hp or so? I may be wrong so please correct me.

Start saving up cash now. Expect to spend 1000-2000 on suspension (maybe more because of shipping). 

Now thats fucking expensive haha. What kind do you advise me to get? And is it really worth it for me since I ride mostly on pavement but do often go to the dunes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

36 minutes ago, Papalala said:

Now thats fucking expensive haha. What kind do you advise me to get? And is it really worth it for me since I ride mostly on pavement but do often go to the dunes?

You could get a used set of arms and decent shocks for $800USD, maybe less.

I think they're worth it, and I think everyone else would agree..

Guys I have been talking to some of the “builders” that I found out do porting over here just to get more information from them. They said that spark plugs wear alot faster with porting, and that ported motors do not last a long time. Is this true? I mean I am 70% sure it isnt since I cant find the link between porting and spark plugs needing a change more often. But for the ported motors dont last long I am not sure about that. I already ordered the items so there is no going back now, I just wanted to know if this is true.

6 minutes ago, Papalala said:

Guys I have been talking to some of the “builders” that I found out do porting over here just to get more information from them. They said that spark plugs wear alot faster with porting, and that ported motors do not last a long time. Is this true? I mean I am 70% sure it isnt since I cant find the link between porting and spark plugs needing a change more often. But for the ported motors dont last long I am not sure about that. I already ordered the items so there is no going back now, I just wanted to know if this is true.

WTF. spark plugs wear faster because of porting? I would have laughed at them.

As for porting engines not lasting a long time. A incorrect ported engine might not last, but one that is done correct will last just as long as stock. The key to long lasting engine is the tune. Don't run it lean.

WTF. spark plugs wear faster because of porting? I would have laughed at them.
As for porting engines not lasting a long time. A incorrect ported engine might not last, but one that is done correct will last just as long as stock. The key to long lasting engine is the tune. Don't run it lean.

Yeah haha I was so confused as to why it would wear faster but he spat out some random shit about porting that got me confused because of how stupid what he said was. The thing is he wants to charge almost 500 dollars for porting then another 300 dollars for a cool head. I said hell to the no and went out. As for porting, its being done by driveline performance and from what I have seen they are pretty good at it. Jetting has always been a problem for me with my banshee, just cant get it right for some reason. Im gonna hopefully do plug chops all day after breaking in my engine until I get it right. Gonna try to get a baseline from driveline as to what they estimate my jetting should be. I assume I will have to up my pilot from 25? Not sure though.

14 minutes ago, Papalala said:

Yeah haha I was so confused as to why it would wear faster but he spat out some random shit about porting that got me confused because of how stupid what he said was. The thing is he wants to charge almost 500 dollars for porting then another 300 dollars for a cool head. I said hell to the no and went out. As for porting, its being done by driveline performance and from what I have seen they are pretty good at it. Jetting has always been a problem for me with my banshee, just cant get it right for some reason. Im gonna hopefully do plug chops all day after breaking in my engine until I get it right. Gonna try to get a baseline from driveline as to what they estimate my jetting should be. I assume I will have to up my pilot from 25? Not sure though.

yes you will have to up your pilot. Prolly a 30 or so but dont get all frazzled about that just wait till you get it back together then address the jetting.