2005 Banshee having trouble.

I bought my first Banshee today.  Ive always wanted one, and today I was finally able to get it.

I bought it from a local guy, and he had a little trouble getting it started.  First he changed plugs in it, he said the plugs would foul if you left the gas turned on for long periods of time.     Next, the guy had to push start it to get it started.    After that, it ran great and he even used the kick start a few times to show me it running.

Then i loaded in my truck and brought it home.   A few hours later I went to start it and I cant get it to start using the kick start.    I havent tried push starting it yet. 

Can anyone offer any suggestions on what I can do for it ?  Only mods I can tell that have been done is an aftermarket exhaust. 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’d check compression first. If it has 120+, it should start pretty easily. Below that and you’ll be kicking it more. Below 100 is rebuild time.

Then, if compression checks out, pull the carbs and clean them completely, jets, passages and all. Also post what jets are in it so we can determine if it’s close or not.

I just came in from cleaning the carb.  Seems like both pilot jets were stopped up.   

Pilot jets had 2.5 stamped on them.

The main jet had what looked like 200 or 002. It was hard to see.

Now im having a little trouble getting the caps back on the carbs.  I still have the tors system.  Any pointers ?

I'll be doing a compression test tomorrow. 

I just came in from cleaning the carb.  Seems like both pilot jets were stopped up.   

Now im having a little trouble getting the caps back on the carbs.  I still have the tors system.  Any pointers ?

The cap with the little dimple goes on the left carb with the choke. You kind of have to put it on at an angle.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

You should also delete your TORS when you get a chance.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, KC_Hubbs said:

Make sure the threads on both sides are clean, clean, clean and start them easy and square.