Help please

My wheeler is cutting out at quarter throttle to half right before power band it’s like it hesitate for a second to kick into power band what could this be my jets was going to order a jet kit   It’s stock motor when FMF pipes all the way back stock jets in carbs 

Edited by Ride2fast

• 3 weeks later...

All right to answer some of your guys questions the wheeler is all tore apart now had frame painted but when I got it it had the pipes on it but was not running right so I put it back down to the stock Jets And started running better but did that hesitation thing right before power band so all the Jets are stock with FMF pipes all the way back and I mix 32 to 1

13 hours ago, Ride2fast said:

All right to answer some of your guys questions the wheeler is all tore apart now had frame painted but when I got it it had the pipes on it but was not running right so I put it back down to the stock Jets And started running better but did that hesitation thing right before power band so all the Jets are stock with FMF pipes all the way back and I mix 32 to 1

stock jets are WAY TOO LEAN for those pipes.

280-300 mains 27.5 pilot and the stock needle in the middle. (stock carbs)

if you haven't hurt it yet, that will get you in the ball park

and I have the airbox lid on with holes in it air filter is some generic kind I can’t remember the name  stock jets stock carbs everything on the motor is stock besides the exhaust so I’m going to get a jet kit and play around So what would be the best sizes to start with with FMF pipes all the way back

15 minutes with that jetting could have hurt the engine. When I had 2 bikes with FMFs, the jetting was 280 or 290 main, 27.5 pilot, clip in the middle of the stock needle. when jetting, you should always start rich and work towards lean- start with a big number and go smaller 1 size at a time.

• Like 1

My shee has been all over the stock cylinder, stock stroke spectrum. with basic bolt ons from sea level to about 1000 feet mixing 32:1

280 mains ran the best with the FMF pipes. it ran ok up to 310 main, but ALWAYS ran best with a 27.5 pilot.

toomey needle liked 1 notch closer to the tip and the stock needle liked the center notch.

Start with the 300 main and do a plug chop. start fat it doesn't hurt....

• Like 1