Anyone ever installed a radiator fan for extra cooling?

Go faster.

Unless you are riding in super hot weather, have a big modded engine, and/or running at redline in 1st gear, you shouldn't have an issue with cooling.

I’m not having problems with over heating but when going slower in tight trails my banshee gets hotter so I’d like to keep it cooler when riding trails

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick is right.

But if you do it, order a moose fan for a raptor/yfz. Then wire it into a small RC battery or Antigravity battery with a toggle switch.

I’m not sure that wouldn’t fit either, the YFZ450 has much more space available for a fan than the Banshee. I looked into this as well awhile back for shits and giggles since I ride tight trails occasionally too. I think it was the Yamaha R6 street-bike fan that was the closest to fitting the Banshee. Without modifying or removing the grill+shroud of course, which would look idiotic

I’m not sure that wouldn’t fit either, the YFZ450 has much more space available for a fan than the Banshee. I looked into this as well awhile back for shits and giggles since I ride tight trails occasionally too. I think it was the Yamaha R6 street-bike fan that was the closest to fitting the Banshee. Without modifying or removing the grill+shroud of course, which would look idiotic. Even still, that one was like 1/4” too thick I think.

there isnt much room...i had some small (computer style) fans i put on either side of my steering stem & put an inline gauge years ago, when putting around with the family in the summer, on my shee ...worked good, put a small ( house alarm style) battery under the seat w/ a toggle switch. only turned it on for a short period of time, when it got warm & just charged it when i got back to camp.

I’m not sure that wouldn’t fit either, the YFZ450 has much more space available for a fan than the Banshee. I looked into this as well awhile back for shits and giggles since I ride tight trails occasionally too. I think it was the Yamaha R6 street-bike fan that was the closest to fitting the Banshee. Without modifying or removing the grill+shroud of course, which would look idiotic

Heard a Spal 4” puller fan would work as well on top left side there’s extra room to possibly fit I’ve noticed.

I say go for it dude, it’d be nice to know in case. However they’re right, if tuned properly it shouldn’t be an issue. But I’m finishing up my 521 super serval cub now and I’m still gonna ride my same places. So I might be the one to find one that works. Not sure if the 521cc will enjoy tighter trails with hill climbs throughout lol

I say go for it dude, it’d be nice to know in case. However they’re right, if tuned properly it shouldn’t be an issue. But I’m finishing up my 521 super serval cub now and I’m still gonna ride my same places. So I might be the one to find one that works

I know, it’s not and issue just a huge heat difference when going fast, compared to going slow in tight trails. Fan would be nice to have just to have that fan pulling some more air through the radiator when you’re not going so fast.

I know, it’s not and issue just a huge heat difference when going fast, compared to going slow in tight trails. Fan would be nice to have just to have that fan pulling some more air through the radiator when you’re not going so fast.

I agree

Alright cool. It would also help to just increase the fluid volume of the cooling system. Larger diameter hoses, expansion tank, stuff like that. However that increases weight probably more than the battery and fan together

11 hours ago, Derpy Drifter said:

Alright cool. It would also help to just increase the fluid volume of the cooling system. Larger diameter hoses, expansion tank, stuff like that. However that increases weight probably more than the battery and fan together

So you want to run like a 1" hose on a system designed for 3/4" hose. That is going to work great on all the clamping locations.......

The banshee already has an expansion tank....

Also, ever idea you posted about increase the fluid volume is complete stupid when the easiest is buy a larger radiator.