Extended axle

IceracerX

Bent mu axle last night, hit an ice heave on a booze cruize. Its a Tusk that was on the Banshee when I bought it. I need a new axle by next weekend to ride. A new Tusk is 190 to my door. I see a Vitos +2 for 160 to my door. Will be flattracked mostly. Will my existing Tusk axle lock nut work on the Vitos axle? I don't have the stock nuts and stuff. The +2 will fit my needs, I'm not usint all the Tusk spacers. Is the Vitos any good? I know the Tusk has a warranty, buy I have to look into it, and would not have a replacement by the weekend.

PRM is tops but I think there out of business now or sold. So I’m not sure you can order from there.

ive heard from others guys here there isn’t much difference between dura blue, tusk, LSR, and Vito’s. Not sure if that’s true or not but if it is is just go with cheapest.

jj&a play axle might be worth looking into also.

curious to know if a stock axle with yfz450 hubs would be as strong as these new extended axles?

Edited by gusto

3 hours ago, gusto said:

PRM is tops but I think there out of business now or sold. So I’m not sure you can order from there.

ive heard from others guys here there isn’t much difference between dura blue, tusk, LSR, and Vito’s. Not sure if that’s true or not but if it is is just go with cheapest.

jj&a play axle might be worth looking into also.

curious to know if a stock axle with yfz450 hubs would be as strong as these new extended axles?

PRM? They were a bumper and skid plate kind of company. RPM is the axle company. 

Tusk, Vitos, and the low end DuraBlue would be about the same. Upper end DuraBlue and Lonestar are next up. RPM would be the best you could buy as far as trail and Moto type axles.

Cost isn't an issue. This is a flat tack only quad so it won't be beat on, unless I hit the same ice heave. I really need the axle by this Friday so I can race on Saurday. Will probably buy another Tusk and sent in the bent one for warranty. That way I'll have a back up. I will definately look into the RPM axle for my trail/moto quad.

I have a vitos axle and it works good.  I use the lonestar lock nut on it.  I didn't like the tusk bc I hate that friggin lock nut and ring you gotta use on it!!! but I did like the spacers u can use on it. Vitos is good for what u get

Edited by Ayesully810

Yeah I will try calling them tomorrow but I'm having trouble finding contact information I Google searched Tusk ATV and their website pretty much has he linked to Rocky Mountain or become a dealer so I don't know what to do here I suppose it wouldn't be the end of the world not to have a new axle by next weekend it sure would be nice though to save $200

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, IceracerX said:

I have found the Tusk locked nut system to be very good never comes loose like all the others I had one on my 400EX and it never came loose this one has not come loose in almost two years on the band sheet that I have had it top notch

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

it does stay on well no problem I will say that, just getting it on and off is a pita, comparatively, maybe Im just technically challenged lol.  I just use locktite on the allen screws on the lonestar nut and crank the nut down good anyways good luck with your search

Edited by Ayesully810