Pulsar pump vacuum line

Hello enthusiasts. Where would be the best place on the intake to tap and still for the vacuum line for a pump. The reason I ask is because my intake was already drilled on The bottom of the intake so I used that to put the barb fitting for the hose. On the big end my bike high revs and seem not to be getting fuel and running lean, and I'm wondering by having the vacuum on the bottom, that maybe when the reeds open up, is blocking my air flow to the line. Thanks for any knowledge

Sent from my LG-D722 using Tapatalk

You want the pulse feed to be on the top or side of the intake with the pump mounted somewhere above the feed. And no low spots in the pulse tube. Ideally distance between the pump and the pulse port need to be as short a possible (within reason).

With the pulse feed on the bottom, or the pump below the feed, you are allowing fuel to accumulate in the tubing and/or pump. This drastically decreases the pulse signal to the pump.

You want the pulse feed to be on the top or side of the intake with the pump mounted somewhere above the feed. And no low spots in the pulse tube. Ideally distance between the pump and the pulse port need to be as short a possible (within reason).

With the pulse feed on the bottom, or the pump below the feed, you are allowing fuel to accumulate in the tubing and/or pump. This drastically decreases the pulse signal to the pump.

Man you are spot on....I did fail to mention that when I rev I see the vacuum line fillng up with fuel...which may be doing all the way down the track. Thank you so much for the clarification. Just for personal knowledge. Why would the vacuum be so different on the bottom opposed to the side and top??

Just now, justin_smallwood said:

Man you are spot on....I did fail to mention that when I rev I see the vacuum line fillng up with fuel...which may be doing all the way down the track. Thank you so much for the clarification. Just for personal knowledge. Why would the vacuum be so different on the bottom opposed to the side and top??

Gravity maybe? I dunno

Gravity

Fuel and oil have a lot more mass than air and if they are occluding the tube, the fuel/oil will absorb most of the pulse energy meant for the pump diaphragm

Edit: I noticed you keep saying vaccum. The pump is actuated by the positive and negative pulses in the crankcase.