Need advice on a hillshooter build, on just about everything

jeremyshee

5 hours ago, jeremyshee said:

Anyway I share could use some info on a hillclimb racing (3 wide) build. Would like a 10mil, need to know what type of porting, pipes, carbs, suspension, swing arm and anything else. Some knowledgeable people gave some good advice already but more is always welcome. They say u know your shit when it comes to hillshooting

Sent from my VS425PP using Tapatalk

When you say 3 wide, do you mean 3 quads race up the hill at the same time?

When you say 3 wide, do you mean 3 quads race up the hill at the same time?
Yes. There is a few competitions where there's hills like on the videos on banshee hq but not many. Mostly less steep hills n first one wins till its narrowed down one

7 hours ago, jeremyshee said:

I'm 170, could spend about 5 on the motor (already have 10mil crank)(billet) and maybe 3 on the chassis.

That's a very tight budget. I would run a 10mm SuperCub from Redline, but that's going to cost you into the $6k range I'm sure.

$3,000 on chassis could be doable, if you get a package deal on shocks.

I'd run a +8 swingarm and +1 forward a-arms.

If you want to be competitive or beat all your competition, you may have to open your monies a little more.

Trust me..Been there, done that a lot of times.

That's a very tight budget. I would run a 10mm SuperCub from Redline, but that's going to cost you into the $6k range I'm sure.
$3,000 on chassis could be doable, if you get a package deal on shocks.
I'd run a +8 swingarm and +1 forward a-arms.
If you want to be competitive or beat all your competition, you may have to open your monies a little more.
Trust me..Been there, done that a lot of times.
Well I have lonestar plus 1 plus 2's and elka 3's already too. Just didn't know if other shocks were more ideal, same with the arms. Going to 6 grand would b do-able. On the motor I wanna make sure I got everyone's advice in line before I call redline so I can tell them exactly what I want.

Well I have lonestar plus 1 plus 2's and elka 3's already too. Just didn't know if other shocks were more ideal, same with the arms. Going to 6 grand would b do-able. On the motor I wanna make sure I got everyone's advice in line before I call redline so I can tell them exactly what I want.

Like as far as tranny mods, porting type, which bearings on the crank, etc. Will redline tune the motor like fast does? I tuned my first 4mil this summer, first besides basically stock shees, and it was a headache.

10 minutes ago, jeremyshee said:

Like as far as tranny mods, porting type, which bearings on the crank, etc. Will redline tune the motor like fast does? I tuned my first 4mil this summer, first besides basically stock shees, and it was a headache.

Call Redline. Tell him you're doing hillclimbs like Tyler used to. He will know what you need.

Call Redline. Tell him you're doing hillclimbs like Tyler used to. He will know what you need.
That's awesome man, thanks. Definitely will do. I'm fucking excited now. Being able to make a call n have all the guess work done already is fuckin sweet.