Limp Clutch Handle

BirdEyes

1 minute ago, ZillaFreak said:

Do you have the ball in there? Could be many things.

Missing clutch ball.

Wrong clutch cable

Wrong adjustment.

Check everything you changed

There wasn't any ball when I changed out the old one. 99% sure it is the correct cable. I laid them side by side after I pulled off the old one. They looked the same & appeared to be the same length. I will check the adjustment as soon as I get some time.

You are going to have to take clutch cover off and adjust it at the clutch itself. Inside there is a adjustment and the clutch arm on top of case needs to be in a certain spot. If you take clutch apart there is a rod that actuates the clutch arm and a ball is used as a bearing. It can fall out and go missing if not paying attention. This has been known to weld from intense heat from friction. Upgrade to pancake bearing if you can...

1 hour ago, salmon_slayer06 said:

You are going to have to take clutch cover off and adjust it at the clutch itself. Inside there is a adjustment and the clutch arm on top of case needs to be in a certain spot. If you take clutch apart there is a rod that actuates the clutch arm and a ball is used as a bearing. It can fall out and go missing if not paying attention. This has been known to weld from intense heat from friction. Upgrade to pancake bearing if you can...

Great! Just what I wanted... more on my plate. I saw that process in the service manual. I was hoping I wouldn't have to do any of that since I just swapped out cables. I might get into this over the weekend. Thanks for everyone's help!

22 hours ago, BirdEyes said:

There wasn't any ball when I changed out the old one. 99% sure it is the correct cable. I laid them side by side after I pulled off the old one. They looked the same & appeared to be the same length. I will check the adjustment as soon as I get some time.

clutch Rod ball, there should be one inside the main shaft, but if u just changed to cable you wouldn't have opened up the side cover, but if u did and there is no ball in there, there should be

Edited by Ayesully810

3 hours ago, Ayesully810 said:

clutch Rod ball, there should be one inside the main shaft, but if u just changed to cable you wouldn't have opened up the side cover, but if u did and there is no ball in there, there should be

yeah I just changed the cable. Did not open the cover. When I get time I will check to see if it can be adjusted to fix the issue. If not it sounds like I will need to open up the cover.