Alky shooting out one pipe excessive

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok members....here's my story. Today my 421 cub finally ran flawless on alky for the first time today for 3 passes. After my last pass the right side plug came loose and was shooting out Alky from the head. I tigten back up, then I started it. Then fuel started gushing out of one pipe. Changed pipes and still no help. What could be causing this all of a sudden . someone said that my crank case is full of Alky. But when I kick it nothing comes out. Please help...thanks

Sent from my LG-D722 using Tapatalk

Start by giving better details

Not sure all what other deatails I can give. Bike ran great for the first few passes...I noticed the plug came loose on one side, I tightened back up, and now that same side pipe is gushing out fuel out that pipe, Which is what I said in my earlier posts. And my bike is on alky. What else would you need to know @ jtmachining..

Not sure all what other deatails I can give. Bike ran great for the first few passes...I noticed the plug came loose on one side, I tightened back up, and now that same side pipe is gushing out fuel out that pipe, Which is what I said in my earlier posts. And my bike is on alky. What else would you need to know @ jtmachining..

I'm sure he means more information and details like your build and all the mods on your bike compression timing etc.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

I'm sure he means more information and details like your build and all the mods on your bike compression timing etc.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

Not sure what mods have to do with my situation, but what do I know. Since I am the one asking for help... 68 bore, 4mil crank 115 rods, 421 cub, squish .049 , not sure base gasket, 40mm keihens , pump fed on alky...18cc domes..not sure compression

Dump size, main size, needle. You're 100% sure needle/seat aren't sticking on that side? What is CURRENT compression on each side, not before your plug backed out? What have you done to troubleshoot other than post very limited details on here?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Edit --- you're running alky but don't know your compression??? JFC

Dump size, main size, needle. You're 100% sure needle/seat aren't sticking on that side? What is CURRENT compression on each side, not before your plug backed out? What have you done to troubleshoot other than post very limited details on here?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Edit --- you're running alky but don't know your compression??? JFC

I pulled the carb to make sure a jet didn't come loose...that wasn't the case. Then I pulled the head and saw the potential problem. The right side oring that surrounds the dome was split. Therefore I'm guessing coolant(water) was getting into my cylinder and blowing the spark out, which made Alky and water surge out the eyhaust