First time posting (jets)

jjurado

Hi there to everyone

First time here and first time also doing mods to my Banshee so no experience. I am in the process of ordering Uni Filter Pods and the adjustable timming stator to be adjusted to +4 as I have read. Besides those two things I will order also the Toomey T6, the question is, should I order the T6 kit that comes with the jets or since I have the Uni Pods and the adjustable stator, the jets that come with the T6 kit won't work and i should get other jets?

if the answer is that the jets from the T6 kit won't work, please let me know what jets I need to buy for these 3 mods and if I should change anything else in order for those 3 things to work perfectly. I don't want to touch the engine. 

Thank You on advance

29 minutes ago, Rippin'n'Runnin said:

Try starting off somewhere around a 300-320 main 27.5 pilot and air screw 1.5 turns out. Should b pretty close. I usually tune by ear and feel. A rich condition will break up under throttle and a lean condition will bog and kind of " howl"

Thanks a lot. Should I keep the stock needle, no change there? 

Toomey say this about the needles

"   The stock needles are NOT correct and their use with ournpipes and a free flowing airnfilter system can lead to engine damage, and of course, run poorly "

So, Should I use their needles and go with the 300-320 main and 27.5 pilot and air screw 1.5 turns out? 

Thank You 

7 hours ago, jjurado said:

Hi there to everyone

First time here and first time also doing mods to my Banshee so no experience. I am in the process of ordering Uni Filter Pods and the adjustable timming stator to be adjusted to +4 as I have read. Besides those two things I will order also the Toomey T6, the question is, should I order the T6 kit that comes with the jets or since I have the Uni Pods and the adjustable stator, the jets that come with the T6 kit won't work and i should get other jets?

if the answer is that the jets from the T6 kit won't work, please let me know what jets I need to buy for these 3 mods and if I should change anything else in order for those 3 things to work perfectly. I don't want to touch the engine. 

Thank You on advance

25 minutes ago, hoppedupandcutdown said:

I've ran the stock needles with T5s with no problems. But there are members here whose opinions I do respect that say the Toomey needles are noticeably better.

Thank You. I think I will use Toomey's needles. Also, I have decided to also add  a Rad valve, model RAD-36A, this would make me change the jetting, right? What should I change if I add the RAD valve? What mains, pilot, needle position and air screw turn?

thank You 

https://websites.godaddy.com/blob/d08aa9d7-f014-413a-a2b3-8f5b159b85af/downloads/TR6-KIT-Installation-Instructions.pdf?b82405b9

^^^^^instructions from Toomeys site^^^^^^

But like Rippin said, 27.5p and 300ish main are more suggested from folks here

Still only a suggestion, all bikes area little different and need what they need.

The tommey needle is a MUST with stock carbs if ya ask me. They are longer and have more of a taper to them over stock needles. They perform much smoother in transitions from the 1/4 - 3/4 throttle positions imo. I recommend them with any setup thats using stock carbs.

Thanks a lot guys for the replies. Thanks hoppedupandcutdown  for the instructions. I did read them from start to finish and noticed they say the Perfect Jetting kit is also taking into consideration the use of RAD Valves which I will be also adding.

For the needle I will definately use the one Toomey supplies and adjust it to thje fourth position

For main jets they recommend 280 and some of you are recommending 300-320

For pilot they recommend the stock 25 and you guys the 27.5

Airscrew they recommend same as you guys, 1.5 turns out

I think the plan could be the following:

Option A: should be to buy the 300-310-320 mains and the 27.5 Pilot and start of by installing what Toomey recomends, if I need to make changes I will already have the other 3 mains and pilot.

OptionB: Go straight to install the 300 main (first) and the 27.5 pilot and just use Toomey's needle?

Which option do you recommend?

THank You Again