110 octane fuel

52 minutes ago, JTmachining said:

Do u really not know about fuels? Real talk

Is there anyone doing oxygenated alky? Or would it be nonsense? 

I have avoided the alcohol due to the PITA it can be to start in 30* and below temps when ice racing. But I'm hoping to get back in to racing clay again in the warmer months. So, thinking about doing alky on at least one of the new bikes. 

But yes, i know some stuff about fuel.

I used lots of different fuels(pump, diesel, nitromethane, alcool, 100LL, Jet-A, propane) for different type of engine in my life, but i didnt play munch with 'race' gas.

Plus i know quite a about all the theory around that subject.

Envoyé de mon SM-G935W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, ZillaFreak said:

m5 has nitro in it IIRC

Is there anyone doing oxygenated alky? Or would it be nonsense? 
I have avoided the alcohol due to the PITA it can be to start in 30* and below temps when ice racing. But I'm hoping to get back in to racing clay again in the warmer months. So, thinking about doing alky on at least one of the new bikes. 

Google warrior got u lol

When it comes to fuels there are some things you need to know.

Octane (RON, MON, AKI) numbers. This number lets you know high of a compression ratio you can run. It also lets you know how sensitive the fuel is (difference in RON and MON) to dome design. Higher compression ratio means more efficient engine. 

BTU. BTU is the stored energy of the fuel. More stored energy means ability for more kinetic energy. Look at the lower heating value. Pure gasoline is around 116K BTU/gal. Ethanol is around 76K BTU/gal, Methanol is around 57K BTU/gal. 

Oxygenated percentage. More oxygen in the fuel, means you need more fuel. See Stoichometric ratio

Stoichiometric ratio. This is the perfect ratio of fuel to air. For a gas motor, this number is 14.7. For Methanol, this can be around 7. This is a start for jetting. Most run the engines richer under load. Oxygen in the fuel will effect this number

For example. 93 AKI fuel, no ethanol, no oxygen vs 93 AKI fuel, E20, no oxygen. The first one will make more power as the E30 has a lower BTU rating. 

JFC