What To Do After Top End Rebuild

So its normal for my coolhead not to be cool? lol

seriously though, how would I know if its overheating? For all I know the radiator or the water pump arent even working.. how can I make know its all 100?

2 hours ago, ginger said:

if the water pump wasnt working, the radiator would be cool. as the hot fluid wouldnt be flowing through it.  and a cool head doesnt mean it is cold.  

Alright cool, good to know. As for the coolhead part I was foolin around I just figured the point of a "cool"head would be to reduce heat. As I'm sure it does but I can't tell by touch. As for coolant boiling I can just check this by opening up the radiator am I right? If it's boiling it will overflow if it's good it will be settled?

1 minute ago, JUSTWANNARACE said:

Be careful running 20:1 (depending on what it was ran at before) if you didn't go up a couple sizes on the main jet you will burn that motor up in a hurry. Jmo

Always was run with a lot of marine oil as per the guy I got it from "it's the best oil" lol.. even the 20:1 ratio is less but then what it was running before I got it ran 16:1.. but then again it was blown when I checked the comp. I just took it out for a quick ride today that was all. Wanted to get opinions and plus was limited by the weather.. I think I'm gonna finish the break in with this tank run it again tomorrow twice more a lil harder than before each time, then drain out the remaining gas and put a fresh tank with a 24-30:1 ratio still undecided.  Sound like a plan?

Just took her out for another ride, let her warm up shut her off didn't see any leaks cooled up for about 5 mins turned her back on and went out. rode it a bit harder than I did yesterday, did runs from first all the way up to 5th but for some reason fifth gear kept bogging out on me, maybe i just wasn't in the right rpms to hit 5th... I am a rookie on these banshees but I am trying to shift it as good as possible without over revving the engine.

Came back home shut her off after she bogged on fifth the second time. It was a total of like 10 minutes riding. Left the fuel ON to see if carbs would leak, and the right side carb when sitting on the quad is leaking out of the bowl drainer hose. so I'm hoping it's my float. I'm going to buy a caliper and adjust it before I go out again. Could this be why it bogged?

Also, kind of looked like one side exhaust was smoking up a bit more than the other side (right side blew more smoke)

Could it be my carbs aren't synced properly? The little windows are foggy and I can't really see the marking too well but it seems to me when I take off the pods and look at the slides that they're going up evenly

are you still running a ton of oil in the fuel or did you drain that out?  too much oil can change jetting and cause excess bog as the oil doesnt burn as well, and it also technically lowers your octane level. 

• Like 1