Crank trued and welded came apart

Ok so My crank was trued and welded on my last rebuild. 4 mil hot rod crank.

My piston melted down and while doing the top end I decided to inspect the bottom end. Glad I did.

The bearing on the stator side was shot and the weld on my crank has cracked and it splitted out about 2mm. 

Can this crank be trued and re-welded or would i be better off getting a new Crank?

Ok so My crank was trued and welded on my last rebuild. 4 mil hot rod crank.

My piston melted down and while doing the top end I decided to inspect the bottom end. Glad I did.

The bearing on the stator side was shot and the weld on my crank has cracked and it splitted out about 2mm.

Can this crank be trued and re-welded or would i be better off getting a new Crank?

Any crank can be fixed. But I'd say if it is in that bad of shape, damaged bearing and broken weld, it has likely seen heavy detonation. So I would want the entire thing gone through.

At that point, you're most economical solution would be to replace it. A 4m crank isn't that expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

every thing else looks to be in great shape.. then again Im no crank expert either..

But you are right being canadian by the time I ship a crank out (probably to the US) to get fixed and then back to me It might just cost as much as a new crank unless someone know of a reputable shop in Canada

Helical cut gears or straight cuts? I've seen many cranks destroy bearings from side loads, I would recommend good bearings that can handle side load and crank can def be pressed back n fixed but it needs to put on a jig and checked for runout on the centers

Helical cut gears or straight cuts? I've seen many cranks destroy bearings from side loads, I would recommend good bearings that can handle side load and crank can def be pressed back n fixed but it needs to put on a jig and checked for runout on the centers

One Day, when I will stop being lazy, I will do the math about bearings to clear that up.

Envoyé de mon SM-G935W8 en utilisant Tapatalk