Is Klotz Benol good oil for stock banshee

I just bought a 99 banshee yesterday. Its stock except fmf pipes/silencers and k & n filter. He said he uses klotz benol in it and gave me a gallon of it. I have never used it before and it has a pretty strong smell. Is this good oil for a stock banshee or is there something better I should buy. He also said it is running on non ethanol gas. I love the smell of race gas so when it is due for a fill up i intend to get some of it. What oil would work good with that kind of gas?

I havent had a banshee in 10 years so seems like i forgot everything lol

thanks

post-49050-0-62121600-1493304051.jpg

Are you sure about that??

Yes. Higher octane fuel is needed for high compression engines to prevent detonation.

If you run high octane fuel in a lower compression engine there is no harm except to your wallet.

But I'd love to hear something logical that contradicts my statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yes. Higher octane fuel is needed for high compression engines to prevent detonation.

If you run high octane fuel in a lower compression engine there is no harm except to your wallet.

But I'd love to hear something logical that contradicts my statement.

In any given engine,same setup,  do you think the fuel will explode at the same time 110 vs 92??

110 will resist premature ignition where as 92 will have less resistance.

Doesn't mean that they won't ignite at the same time in a specific application (low compression engine with ignition taking place appropriately when the spark plug sparks).

However, increase compression and 92 will begin to prematurely ignite before 110 will. Continue to raise compression and 110 will prematurely ignite as well.

In any given engine,same setup, do you think the fuel will explode at the same time 110 vs 92??

It shouldn't be exploding in either engine. It should be igniting. All things the same, an engine built for 92 octane will possibly make less power with race fuel do to reduced combustion temps and possible incomplete ignition.

Nice having a discussion with curse words and being called an idiot, isnt it? Must be the first time on here

Yay! Lol! Nothing wrong with thinking out loud and using a little logic to draw a conclusion.

All I was saying is that you won't damage anything by running a fuel with a higher octane rating.

It may not operate at peak performance, but no damage should occur.