Lower case mount stripped

One of my lowercase Mount holes is starting to stip. I have to really Force the bolt once it gets about half way in and its still wont go in at that point. Help fam.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

Just run a tap down the hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the same problem. I had to chase the threads with a tap. I did it laying on the ground with the engine in the frame. Just make damn sure you start the tap strait.

You can probably find the tap size here http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?/topic/134794-bolt-sizes-and-threads/

Should be an M10x1.25 tap. The existing threads should get your tap started straight. Since it doesn't bind until close to the end. Also, make sure there is no shit in the hole before you start. Hopefully that isn't the issue. And use some cutting fluid. Good lube is your best friend when tapping or drilling.

I don't see any reason why you couldn't do it with the motor in the chassis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

You can. just be careful. It's really best to pull the engine or stand the bike on the grab bar(or tip it on the side. Whatever method gives you the best way to work on it. You must go in strait inline with the bore. It's soft aluminum.

You can use w40 for lube. Blow out the hole first. Run the tape a few turns. Back out carefully. Spray w40 and blow shavings out. Repeat until done.

Unless you have a bur in the first thread, the tap should go in strait. Look at the other bolt for reference if it isnt screwed up.

• Like 1