87 Banshee Rebuild....... and she lasted 15 min

Say you snagged a ring or seized one? I can't remember. Anywho, with a port that wide there should be a pretty generous chamfer. A coolant leak will seize rings. When you put the head on make sure the orings stay in place and don't get pinched. Use a little vaseline or sometimes i use a little glaze of sealant to hold them. First thing i do on a rebuild is figure out why it popped. First thing i do after rebuild is heat cycle with the radiator cap off to verify that the coolant is circulating and not blowing bubbles as i give it a few light blips on the throttle. Always check ring end gap and never start the engine without a leak down test first. I've seen brand new seals leak before. The plugs and pistons from the old engine would tell you how it was running and the jetting. I don't add extra oil to the mix on break in. With the extra oil you are effectively leaning the jetting. A coat of oil on the cylinder walls and oil on the rings is enough. 32 to 1 ratio is plenty of oil. Snapping or seizing a ring 15 minutes on a fresh build is probably either that wide port or coolant leak. Hope this helps

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk