87 Banshee Rebuild....... and she lasted 15 min

Which Keihin carbs are the shit ? I'm still gonna order some just don't know what jets/size would be optimal for a ported 66.5 engine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you plan on getting more done to the engine in the future, go 33mm PWK or bigger. If not, 28mm PWK's.

No, 26mm is stock. Even stock carbs can be effective up to 70-80 hp. I said 28mm. I thought you had stock, and was looking to upgrade.

Naw I've got some Mikuni VM34 carbs right now. Not the best but it ran damn good until it popped that oring and smoked that piston. I've got some muriatic acid in going to clean that cylinder with this wkd - try and get the studs out of both jugs to lap them before I attempt to throw it back together - and will do a leak down this go round for sure !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well the great news is she's still running ! The other news (not bad) is I've got some jetting to switch up. Got a nice set of 33mm PWK's from a member - but with my cylinder/porting/setup it's getting a little too much fuel, which is what I wanted it to do for break in but now I'm wanting the speed back I had on the first set of pistons haha

This go round - I lapped both jugs, and lapped the intake surface to a nice surface and mounted everything up w gaskets and a very thin layer of yamabond. Zero leak down. So it was either the intake gaskets leaking on round one - or the head, or both. I will try to post a video of the piston. I've personally never seen a piston look like this one did - and I've seen a lot of messed up 2 and 4 stroke pistons haha