2003 banshee pick up

So I was able to pick this bike up a little while ago and haven't really had too much time to mess with it... the stator was shot when I got it and I just haven't had time to really ride it . Got that problem sorted out and now it runs pretty good... I'm not too familiar with banshees and don't plan on doing much engine work, just wondering what kind of pipes and silences any one would recommend for just running a basic set up ? I'm mostly going to be riding on trails 9d2ce2e402c7a0c3b2b468ecdebe9598.jpg05e2a5d6286b87b056a63530102fa184.jpgdecf8770f3be9ce0c3e90ee335eac54c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Damn thats a clean quad! Nice find!

That's what I was gonna say! Sweet find!

Lots of good trail pipes out there. I suppose my favorite trail pipe would be a PT mid. But pro circuits are a good trail pipe, FMF fattys are a good pipe, toomeys are popular. Probably T6s on a stock port as opposed to the T5s. Many choices.

I was looking st fmf gold fattys but haven't seen much review on it as every thing I read seems to be about toomeys or CPI

CPIs are a great pipe but it is an inframe drag pipe. They pull really hard on top. You said you were going for a trail riding application. Not sure I would go with CPIs for that, but I also don't know what kind of trails you ride. Toomeys arent a bad choice, but again a bit of a higher RPM powered pipe.

Yeah I ride in he beautiful woods of upstate NY lol ... I'm

From the Bronx but it's either be like the thugs who ride on the street or take your off road vehicle off road so I go upstate Ny and hit trails... but yeah I guest most people on the forums are able to go out to dunes or wide open areas lol ... if anything I would say I need more of a low end or mid range pipe as oppose to a high rpm pipe because is the trails I ride I'll probably never see 5th of 6 gear lol

Edited by Erod76

Yeah I ride in he beautiful woods of upstate NY lol ... I'm

From the Bronx but it's either be like the thugs who ride on the street or take your off road vehicle off road so I go upstate Ny and hit trails... but yeah I guest most people on the forums are able to go out to dunes or wide open areas lol ... if anything I would say I need more of a low end or mid range pipe as oppose to a high rpm pipe because is the trails I ride I'll probably never see 5th of 6 gear lol

Fattys, pro circuit, PT mids, are probably gonna be your best options. I had PT mids and a single intake on my sons first Banshee and it was a nice little torquey set up. Just sold the PTs a couple of weeks ago. 0cd4f849c306a042197e98f1b254f701.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks man I appreciate he input ... more then likely I'm going to do the FMF cause that's what I've ran on most of my dirt bikes, I'm going to order them today I'll post a pic when I get them put on

FMF are a good pipe too. Been around forever and you see a lot of them out there. Good luck and keep that. Ikr clean! Lol!

Thanks zilla, yeah I guess it is pretty clean my original plan was honestly to sell it because I'm more into dirt bikes but I keep reading on the forums and it looks like you guys have a lot of fun with the shees so I figured I'd play around with it for a little ... I've had one prior to this but it was a PoS and I was way more into the dirt bike scene.. also that's what I was thinking to keep it as stock as possible but the thing just didn't make enough noise for me with the stock pipes lol

Slp's offer improvement in the low end department. You can order a set through JDS customs here on the forum. I run PC's and love them. I think I'll eventually try a set of SLPs here soon and dyno my quad.see what the results will be

Slp's offer improvement in the low end department. You can order a set through JDS customs here on the forum. I run PC's and love them. I think I'll eventually try a set of SLPs here soon and dyno my quad.see what the results will be

I had PCs too on my old 02 that I had.  They come on strong down low like Slps, but slps pull way harder.