Clutch Covers

gusto

Does anyone know if the Mattoon clutch covers on ebay have big enough access to work on a slingshot?  I asked Mattoon and he didn't know as he does not use them. 

Or does anyone know of a clutch cover made/sold know thats big enough to access the DL sling shot?

Does anyone know if the Mattoon clutch covers on ebay have big enough access to work on a slingshot? I asked Mattoon and he didn't know as he does not use them.

Or does anyone know of a clutch cover made/sold know thats big enough to access the DL sling shot?

I thought the sling shot would fit under a stock cover with a slight modification the the 3 nubs inside the cover. Part of the reason for using a slingshot was stealth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Id imagine that any lock out cover would allow you to be able to remove the slingshot pressure plate and access the ball bearings. Ill measure my slingshot this week and try and find out some measurements of a lockout to see if what im saying is true.

I dont currently own a lockout cover but do own a DL sling shot.  It was my understanding that the direct drive style is not large enough to pull off the top plate of the sling shot?. I could be totally wrong.  Also, i thought the old style Duncan and Hinson covers were big enough to access the sling shot? Anyone know?  I missed out on a Hinson clutch cover on the weekend on the HQ FB page that would have been tits.

Edited by gusto

Yes it does (although you need to do slight grinding). I am looking at a cover were i can just take off the side plate to pull off the top of the sling shot and adjust the balls not the whole cover.

Well, if a sling shot fits under a stock cover (with slight modification) why would it not work with matoons lockout cover?

I dont currently own a lockout cover but do own a DL sling shot. It was my understanding that the direct drive style is not large enough to pull off the top plate of the sling shot?. I could be totally wrong. Also, i thought the old style Duncan and Hinson covers were big enough to access the sling shot? Anyone know? I missed out on a Hinson clutch cover on the weekend on the HQ FB page that would have been tits.

You can't access it by removing the lens, but you can by removing the outside ring. Hell, you can take the entire clutch out by removing the outer ring.

• Like 1

Well, if a sling shot fits under a stock cover (with slight modification) why would it not work with matoons lockout cover?

It would BUT to adjust the balls in the slingshot i would still need to pull off the entire clutch cover (I THINK) and not just the access plate for his direct drive style lock up.  The direct drive finger style lock up (i believe) is too small still to pull off top of the slingshot cover.  All of this is just what i have read and i cant confirm this and neither can Mattoon.

You can't access it by removing the lens, but you can by removing the outside ring. Hell, you can take the entire clutch out by removing the outer ring.

Really? Well shit that should work then.  The only thing i dont like about the finger style covers is how far they stick out towards your brake lever.

It would BUT to adjust the balls in the slingshot i would still need to pull off the entire clutch cover (I THINK) and not just the access plate for his direct drive style lock up. The direct drive finger style lock up (i believe) is too small still to pull off top of the slingshot cover. All of this is just what i have read and i cant confirm this and neither can Mattoon.

You can remove the entire clutch if you take off the outer ring that the lens mounts to. The sling shot is smaller diameter than the clutch.

You can remove the entire clutch if you take off the outer ring that the lens mounts to. The sling shot is smaller diameter than the clutch.

Easily enough room.

07b189b854f949dda191d99913e412bb.jpg

Really? Well shit that should work then. The only thing i dont like about the finger style covers is how far they stick out towards your brake lever.

You usually have to bend the brake lever slightly because it will interfere with the clutch, but hell, a stock cover usually has brake lever scaring on it. I've got DD lockouts on three motors and it is easy to get used to.

• Like 1