2007 Banshee rebuild starts

Picked up frame this morning from ABC Electro Powder Coating, they are located in Port Hope Ontario Canada. Great company to deal with. You get a tour of the plant pretty much every time you go in.

Very happy with the results. Frame colour is a hammered dark silver vein with clear coat. Swinger and axle carrier is a translucent candy apple red. Cylinder are in process of powder coating this week.

I will keep adding pictures to this thread as progress continues of frame build up and motor rebuild. Come on summer.

cab914fd7657f1355d03f9d77ddbf83b.jpg

26f09b013c6ba421f0b29ea5e92d6031.jpg

41b2463b3722d39f9eb3e7acc2f3e296.jpg

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Forgot how much nicer these things are to work on when not covered in mud and grease. Had an impulse buy from cascade , axle lock, rear fender brace and exhaust clamps. I really need to stop searching the repair and mods section in this form. But a big Thank you to the wealth of information and ideas to make these machines even better 25c740502c3ff673f429620ab8d3633d.jpg

f03c2b84e053e8291703a70c02b09fed.jpg

man I LOVE that frame color. 2018 will be my year that I go all out on a build.  Looking forward to seeing how this looks when its all done! My fiberglass red hoods would look sick on your bike , would match everything perfectly

Edited by Ayesully810
  • Like 1

Yes I'm very happy with it. Was able to match the front stock a-arms color pretty close with spray paint. Next year will be +2 +1 a-arms and suspension. I focused more on the motor to make it for reliable for long bush runs I some times do.

Fiber glass hood, did not know such a thing existed. Kind of makes me wonder what I can cook up at work with fiberglass or carbon fiber. We have the vacume bag, and autoclave for custom aviation parts. Mmmmmmmm.

Yes I'm very happy with it. Was able to match the front stock a-arms color pretty close with spray paint. Next year will be +2 +1 a-arms and suspension. I focused more on the motor to make it for reliable for long bush runs I some times do.

Fiber glass hood, did not know such a thing existed. Kind of makes me wonder what I can cook up at work with fiberglass or carbon fiber. We have the vacume bag, and autoclave for custom aviation parts. Mmmmmmmm.

Bet if you could make something cool peeps would buy em! haha

• 2 weeks later...

Are your head lights rattled can, or what is it?

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

No previous owner tinted the lenses in s half ass attempt to make them look dark with a tint spray paint.

That's the next to do is take the lenses to work and clean them back to clear. But lights are in great condition.

He had also spay painted the frame black but only the part that was visible. So decided to rebuild