First 421 build

bansheegirrl

Hey guys, so I think I'm finally going to go with a real build this time.. I'm thinking either a 421 or 4mil I'm not sure..

I was planning on buying the 421 top end kit (& crank) from Driveline but I wanted to see first what else besides that I would need? Can you guys list EVERYTHING I would need to complete the build? This is a list of what I have on the bike now

T5s

Wiseco pistons

Bore .30

Coolhead 18cc

Oversized radiator

Pro design impeller

Keihin 28 mm carbs

Stator plate

Tors kit

V force 4 reeds

K&n

Here is my driveline build thread.. Feel free to read through all the pages. Lots of info in there if you are wanting to go with that setup.  Dyno charts included 

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?/topic/187424-421-driveline-lp-w-slps/

Edited by Ayesully810
  • Like 1

What do you guys think about this setup?

421cc big bore LP

Redline transmission

& Vito's crank?

Do I need bigger carbs? Still haven't decided on the clutch & domes..

Ditto what Zilla  said. 

What Kind of riding do you do?

Are you talking about a pro mod from redline? I have a stock transmission with the shift pro kit and it shifts great under load. 

Your dome size will be based off what kind of fuel you want to run. Im at 900 elevation with 20 cc domes at 170 psi so I run 110, just tell lane what kind of gas you wanna run and he will cut you the right size for your setup.  This is just my opinion but since your going to have to have the whole thing apart you might as well just get the sling shot lock up clutch from Driveline.  If seen a few guys run stock carbs on this setup but it will def hold back the peak potential power. 

Any suggestions?

^^^^^^^ What he said.

You can piece it together with parts from different vendors if you want, people do it and it works.

I prefer to pick one shop and do all my business with them. Be a loyal customer and you've always got someone to call on when you have questions or issues.

You should consider boxing up the engine and sending it to the builder of your choice.

^^^^^^^ What he said.

You can piece it together with parts from different vendors if you want, people do it and it works.

I prefer to pick one shop and do all my business with them. Be a loyal customer and you've always got someone to call on when you have questions or issues.

You should consider boxing up the engine and sending it to the builder of your choice.

Yeah I was thinking of just doing this instead, as it'll be easier then me doing haha.. thank you!