Motor won't spin backwards

JasonB

Putting together a motor with some nice parts here, after sticking the crank in it and sandwiching the cases together it only wants to spin the normal motor rotation direction. Spin the crank backward and it feels like you're fighting against some resistance, you have to force it etc. watch the video, wtf did I mess up?

Obviously I need to spilt the cases again but what the fuck would make the crank spin free one direction and have resistance the other?

https://vimeo.com/201803851

It did this before I stuck the basket on. It's totally isolated to the crank I can say that much. I'm baffled. The Titos convinced me to just say run it but sober me says it's should be torn back apart lol

What's the the kick starter gear doing?

Sent from my ZTE T84 using Tapatalk

what do you mean? I used the kick starter gear and kick starter to confirm which was the motor turns, and it is free moving in that direction

Spin it from the rods jackass , lol . Pretend your hands are the pistons and go up n down , connecting rods will bind

lol i was man, this was the only way i could get a video and spin the motor at the same time. When i was spininig it with the rods it literally almost wouldnt move in reverse just to give you an idea about the amount of resistance it had. Ill give you a call when i get a minute today  

When the kicker is installed, spinning the engine backwards can "engage" the kicker gear. This is how some people break cases.

thats good to know. 

Did you put the roller pins down in the center of the crank before you put the top on? Could prolly cause this problem

if you're referring to those little dowel pin things on the bearings then ya i thought i had them lines up fine. Theres slots on the forward part of the case between where the cases meet that i put the pins in. I dont see how those would make the engine not spin a certain direction though. 

lol i was man, this was the only way i could get a video and spin the motor at the same time. When i was spininig it with the rods it literally almost wouldnt move in reverse just to give you an idea about the amount of resistance it had. Ill give you a call when i get a minute today

thats good to know.

if you're referring to those little dowel pin things on the bearings then ya i thought i had them lines up fine. Theres slots on the forward part of the case between where the cases meet that i put the pins in. I dont see how those would make the engine not spin a certain direction though.

I am referring to those and if those arent in there then the crank can sit funny and not spin correct