Shearers vs CPI

[This is not a post to start any shit whatsoever, but just some things that come to mind]

Is there a fan on during any of the dyno runs where pipes are compared? (In this thread or the one Ayesully referenced).

Tyrelz mentioned that Snipers liked more fuel.  Do they like a higher temperature? Up to a point, more fuel =  higher pipe temperature (not to be confused with combustion chamber temp).

Now if the motor is pumping out raw fuel like during clean out with alky, of course that will cool the pipe down. Sound waves move faster through a hot pipe. The faster they move, the faster the wave returns the mixture in the pipe back through the exhaust port. Faster sound waves = shorter tuned length and higher target rpm.

Things that increase combustion chamber temp (timing, compression, moderately lean condition) decrease pipe temperature.  Knowing some of this it's easier to see why a pipe may not perform as intended without knowing how much heat an engine will put into it. 

This would also make sense regarding stinger diameter and the heat of the pipe.

Where do you put AFR probes in a 2 stroke? I don't know because I've never seen it done. I also don't know how it can be reliably done, and it's not just because of the oil. There is no place from piston to stinger where the gases are representative of what was burned in one cycle.??? Its always moving back and forth and takes several cycles to exit. I must be wrong because I've seen AFR mentioned here and on other dyno sheets but I don't see how.

Very interested in others opinions/facts on this...and feel free to point out any errors in my rant.  Move this to a new thread if you want.

Yes there was a fan on (brake on the dyno as well) the probe was put in 1 of the two silencers in the back. We would usually sniff both sides as well with the probe, not always though.

Edited by Ayesully810

Yes there was a fan on (brake on the dyno as well) the probe was put in 1 of the two silencers in the back. We would usually sniff both sides as well with the probe, not always though.

Is it possible the fan cooled the pipes during the run?

Yes sir!

J madd its a small fan i doubt it. Plus we used it on every pipe we tested.

Good. We'll just throw that theory away then. I've wondered if it even matters, but Menz always shut the fan off during the dyno pulls. I didn't know why at the time.