28mm Flat Slide Carbs Or 2 Into 1 Carb

coolhuh

I have a 2003 banshee with thunder pipes 2 into 1 carb K&N clamp on and +4 degree key. I can ride about 2 to 2 1/2 hours on a tank of gas including the reserve with the 2 into 1 carb. Would the 28mm mikuni flat slide carbs get better performance than the 2 into 1 carb and possible better fuel economy or the keihin 28mm pwk? Also what would be a good mod to go with next?

Thanks

in my opinion id stay with the stock 26's until you port it..im not a fan of the 2into1 setup and can whoop my buddies with them they are spose to pull down low but bog if you ask me, no sense pouring a bunch of fuel down a stock shee's throat, i dont think the 28's will make you faster unless the jugs can digest the fuel.....

I agree with blue. Your next step is porting. You have to decide if you want to stroke it before you port it though. You can weld up your stock crank for 120ish or get a +4 stroker crank for 400. If you are looking for more low end buy the stroker crank and have the cylinders ported. If you port for stock crank then you will have to buy new cylinders for a stroker crank if you ever decide to go that way. If you dont want to do the stroker then for a ported motor with 28 pwks.