Need moe powa

JasonB

I built my 06 SE Last winter and did all the basics people on here recommended for starting with (reeds/timing plate/cool head and Domes/welded crank/tors delete/new gaskets and seals etc), and also full suspension upgrades. After riding the bike at Glamis and here in the woods I think I could use more power.

I'm on stock bore stock stroke, fresh rings and good compression. 22cc domes and pump gas. I am considering doing a 4 mil crank with the stock unported cylinders and calling it a day. Is this a bad idea, or is there a better route I could follow to pull some better power from this motor on pump gas? Budget is somewhat tight with Christmas here and I want to get on it ASAP

Thanks in advance

Haha thanks guys, ya I'm happy I kept it. Back is still all jacked up from that mountain bike crash in August but everything hurts from years of skateboarding/snowboarding/atv accidents lol.

Ayesully ya I have slp's I forgot to note those in my first post. Also have the airbox single pod mod I can't recall the name of it though. Still on stock carbs. I really want to keep the stock jugs, I've seen people make good power with these and I don't want to go all crazy with spending lol

Edited by JasonB

Also to note: Bill tried my pipes on his 392 (stock stroke) with stock carbs and pods pump gas and made 74/42 or something like that. Not a bad bolt on option..

I'm not terribly familiar what creates 392cc of displacement? Is that what a 4 mil and 110mm rod creates? Those Hp/tq numbers sound like exactly what I'd like to achieve

392 uses 110 rod.  $799 for their bolt on 392 top end (cylinders, pistons, rings etc) you already have the cool head and killer pipes. I love those pipes. Then you can sell your stock cylinders and then after its all said and done maybe spent 500 to 600 bucks. Just a thought  

http://drivelineperformance.com/yamaha-banshee-392cc-big-bore-assassin-cylinder-kit/

Edited by Ayesully810

What is your budget exactly? You may have to spend a little more then what you would like so months down the road your not making the same thread again. ( which is why I say when your gonna upgrade the motor go big). Go at least 4 mil and go serval or driveline cylinders. Make sure they are ported. Do you want to use your stock carbs? Well might have to sell those to help get some bigger ones. Like others said do a promod trans while your down there and you may need a lockout. Adds up quicker then you think huh? Something else you may want to keep in mind is fuel consumption a issue? Which there is some solutions to help aid that but when you make more power it's going to use more fuel.

• Like 1

Jason... Not cool bro. Can't ask for advise with out pics! Glad you decided to stick around. If going driveline and getting new crank, I'd go 10ml. Why not?! You can set up for pump fuel and get GREAT power. I've never heard a banshee owner say, "ya know, this banshee has too much power." I'm in the same boat. I want to take my 4ml stock cylinder to a 10ml driveline setup. Anyone care to recommend a good 7 or 10ml crank? How the TDR cranks? Also may be good to tell us what you have to spend. Problem with making more power is that also involves upgrading other weaker components that might not be able to handle the power.

I get very similar output outta stock stroke porting as I do outta 4mil . If your top end is good I suggest porting the jugs as they are. If it was me doing the work I would port them to the point they could still be used for a 4ml in the future to give you flexibility. You would instantly double hp for around $350 with gaskets/orings

• Like 2

thanks for all the feedback and posts guys. I'll dig out some pics later lol 

basically im looking to squeeze some more usable power out of this motor without dumping another couple grand in the bike. The idea of a $400 4mil crank and some minor related parts to support it on the stock unported jugs was my initial goal. We are buying a house in early 2017 so with xmas and kids my budget is tight. I'd love to go all crazy with this but this time around im trying to keep things reasonable lol