Am I Way To Lean Or What

ROOFCOCK

I GOT A POWER KIT W/ PIPES, REEDS,BOTTLE,SPACERS,ETC. AND IT CAME WITH 265 MAINS AND NO PILOTS.RUNNING LIKE THIS IT FOULED THE PLUGS IN A RIDE. I TOOK OFF THE LID AND ITS BETTER NOW.BUT I FEEL IT COULD BE FASTER AND I RIDE WITH A GUY WHO HAS A MODDED 400EX WHO IS REAL CLOSE TO ME. LISTENING TO YOU GUYS TALK I SHOULD BE SPANKING THAT EX AND I ALMOST THINK HE CAN TAKE ME ON A SHORT STRAIGHT. WILL I GAIN SPEED/ACCELERATION OR THROTTLE RESPONSE BY JUMPING TO SAY A 320/30 MAIN/PILOT. IT RUNS GOOD NOW BUT I WOULD THINK IT SHOULD BE BETTER. I ALSO HAVE 21CC DOMES AND A TIMING PLATE. JUST NEED THE PULLER TO INSTALL THE PLATE. I GUESS I ALWAYS HAVE TOO MUCH TO SAY SORRY. PLEASE HELP ME GET MY BRAGGIN RIGHTS BACK OH YEAH I AM AT STOCK ON THE PILOT AND PLAN TO GO PLUS 4 ON THE TIMING. THANKS

One: what kind of pipes do you have/??

Two: Your riding in Va, which tells me that your running knobby tires..Shorten the swingarm -2" and get that thing to hook up. I used to have the same problem. Shortened the swingarm and its a joke to race a 400ex...Most shee riders on here that ride dunes have paddle tires which makes a world of a difference for traction and the stock swingarm is perfect for that. But w/ knobby tires, the stock swingarm is too long and defeats a lot of mods you put on since the wheels spin so much....you'll also notice a big difference in handling...Do a search and you'll find a lot of great info on this.... ;)

I AM RUNNING FMF FATTIES K&N W/OUTERWEAR NO LID BOYSEN POWER REEDS NO PORTING AT ALL JUST .20 OVER ON YHE CYLINDERS AND A HEAD W/21CC DOMES...THIS THING ABOUT SHORTENING THE SWINGARM SOUNDS BETTER AND BETTER EVERYDAY I READ ON HERE, DO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE HAVE A SUGGESTION ON AN AFTERMARKET ALTERNATIVE W/ THE ROUND HOUSING OTHER THAN AN $1100 ROLL DESIGN SET UP. ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU BUT I STILL NEED HELP WITH JETTING

290 mains, stock pilots, raise the needles to either 4th or 5th slot from the blunt end....adjust air screws to throttle respone...I have a fireball swingarm, but I can't find them anymore.... :( they did a hell of a job making my swingarm. It has oval tubing instead of round or square....You can do a conversion on the stock swingarm and weld a round carrier to the stocker. Or give Gary a call at Quicksand fabs....He's cool shit and does some nice work...