'06 Banshee Dream Build

jagged155

This ^^^

Gonna be mixed use... right now light MX, mostly trail. Hopefully dune and desert in the future when I can move back out west. I'm building a Banshee because it's an "instant classic." I had a Raptor before and loved it, but I want something truly special. This one is going to be a keeper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gonna be mixed use... right now light MX, mostly trail. Hopefully dune and desert in the future when I can move back out west. I'm building a Banshee because it's an "instant classic." I had a Raptor before and loved it, but I want something truly special. This one is going to be a keeper

I have a Laeger Pro-trax Banshee.

4130 Chromoly frame, 250R geometry, CR500 rear link, ect.

The difference between this and oem is night and day for the better.

If your a serious rider who cares about performance and handling, the 250R geometry is absolutely worth the investment.

I have no experience riding an LSR Outlaw Banshee with 250R geometry.

My understanding is that they are similar to my Laeger.

I have a Laeger Pro-trax Banshee.

4130 Chromoly frame, 250R geometry, CR500 rear link, ect.

The difference between this and oem is night and day for the better.

If your a serious rider who cares about performance and handling, the 250R geometry is absolutely worth the investment.

I have no experience riding an LSR Outlaw Banshee with 250R geometry.

My understanding is that they are similar to my Laeger.

Those chassis are no longer available... seems like the best option is the LSR MX. At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if those goes extinct as well.

A lsr mx is a waste of money. Listen to what people are saying. If doing an ultimate bike type build, use a lsr outlaw frame, or laegers frame. You have an opportunity to buy an outlaw with title right now. Just contact the guy and buy it as a roller with the propegs. Anything else will be a normal bike.

• Like 1

So, how serious into MX are you?

I mean, if you were SERIOUS you'd be riding a 4-stroke.

Why not just build the stock chassis up with really good suspension, swingarm and a-arms?

You'll save several thousand dollars that you can spend elsewhere.

Strictly recreational. That was the original plan... to gusset and powder coat the stock frame. But I did some math and it will only cost me 500-1k more to have a brand new upgraded frame. Not to mention it will nice to have the suspension all set up on the roller. Plus I can work a better package deal.

Basically a few hundred bucks gets me a brand new Banshee and saves some elbow grease. Just my logic... may not be correct that's why I'm discussing.

Wonder why LSR is only making the MX frame...

Those chassis are no longer available... seems like the best option is the LSR MX. At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if those goes extinct as well.

They may not be available new anymore, but they can be found used occasionally.

I know of one Laeger Banshee that could possibly be purchased.

Powder coat and welding I was planning on spending $500. I figure I can get 1k for my OEM rolling chassis as listed. I can get the LSR for around 2k with a package deal. Therefore additional $500 out of pocket when compared to using the OEM frame. That's my math. Going to see what I can do about acquiring that Outlaw chassis...

This is my thought... it's stronger, lighter, and 4130 chromoly.

And after I sell my stock chassis, the cost is similar to gusseting and powder coating my stock frame. Seems like the easiest route to go.

Does anyone know the difference between the outlaw frame and the MX?

It would cost me $200 for gussets, prolly less, and $250 to powder coat my frame 2 stage candy blue. I can normally find complete rollers, minus engine and electronics, for $1200 or less. if I were you, I'd be looking at a hybrid. Yfz450 with a banshee engine.

• Like 1

What is a good price on the eBay Outlaw Chassis?

I already made him a local cash offer that's better than what he's trying to get there when you factor in shipping, PayPal and eBay fees.

You will need front shocks, spindles and the correct nerf bars for that chassis.

You're looking at $1500 roughly.

So, even at the minimum of $2,500 for the chassis, you're looking at over $4,000 and it's not even rolling yet.

Plus, who knows what else you need for that shit.