Complete Banshee motor rebuild, break in questions

In completing my barn find low hour bike, as I figured the motor upper and lower will be replaced cranks seals, bearings and top end, not sure on bore, but probably .010 over tops, machine shop is using Weisco pistons. My questions are.. Motor is stock, carbs, pipes ect, I run Maxima super M normally 32:1, and Maxima crank case oils. Any suggestions on changing anything, how to break the engine in properly, and hour intervals before I can actually run the bike normally and up north as we plan. Everyone has an opinion, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Beating it like that got me lots of trophies over the years on my laegar protrax 250r, along with lots of broken bones, surgeries, and some metal hardware. Buy thanks, if needed I can still hang and ride like that not sure my neurologist would be impressed but with probably 2 years left to ride I may just give it a try

Yes sir, just creating memories with my family, then the bike goes, auction maybe. All stock parts will be in tact, also will go with Alba pro peg nerfs, bumper, bar,hiper carbon beadlocks, red rings, and a host of other things, set up at 50" wide when complete. Which is fairly soon.

The 22 year old in into old school trikes, lots of history up where I'm from, he's been working on a couple of 200x's all winter, I had a few, he had my pictures. His goal was a mint 85 or 86 350x, I had each of those also. So I pulled some strings and picked up an all original 85 350x from a guy I grew up riding with. It also has been sitting but properly. All factory right down to tires, all stickers,grips and tool box. Mud flap is still there and not cracked. He knows my health situation, time and my son, so we just went Friday, uncovered it, and I handed him 800 for it, with original papers and dealership paperwork as he was the original owner. One kick and it fires right up. I told him I'd buy him something... What he wanted, and it is cool, just a beast, I rode it today through our old trails and down an old air port we rode on as kids, I gotta say, did make me smile. But he's in his glory so dad didn't get it for long for sure, besides, I didn't wanna break it.

Yes sir, just creating memories with my family, then the bike goes, auction maybe. All stock parts will be in tact, also will go with Alba pro peg nerfs, bumper, bar,hiper carbon beadlocks, red rings, and a host of other things, set up at 50" wide when complete. Which is fairly soon.

Can I get first dibbs on the bead locks lol

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Do I get to break it in and ride it first? Actually the guy who is doing the motor will get the bike if he so chooses when I'm done, if he doesn't want it, then I decide what direction to go.

Fuck that, don't deal with moochers on this site.

Ride it, enjoy it, then do what you want.

If it giving it away, tearing it apart or setting it on fire.

• Like 2