What bike is good for the wife?

I learned on a LT185/LT230 when I was 7ish. Got a blaster around 12.

The old LT185 was great to learn shifting. It was an auto clutch but still had to shift.

A blaster would be a great quad to learn the basic on for her, very light, not very powerful and cheap.

A z400 is a great trail quad for a beginner. If you are buying her a banshee, you really are just buying yourself a second one.

I learned on an lt230 as well I was like 8 or 9 never used to downshift just held it pinned at stops and it slowly got moving. I destroyed that bike in 3 years.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

My wife started on a 01 trx250ex I build for her.  She hated it.  I got her a 2011 raptor last yer in blue.  She loved it and mastered the clutch. It was the most reliable little bike I have ever owned.  She blew out front wheel bearings jumping it, we geared it for the woods and put 1" wheel spacers on it and it was a neat bike.  She got sick of the clutch after a year, mainly in rocky trails.  I got her a KFX700.....thing is no joke.  Mix of sport and reliability also.  Out of all of them I lived the raptor 250x best, she was only 5'2" and the kfx is rather large.  If recluse would of offered an auto clutch set up I'd of bought on for the raptor.  My buddy just sold off a blaster and the raptor 250 is way more nicer to ride the blaster.

Maybe this will help you. Maybe it wont.  Why not let her decide...that's why mine has a KFX700 after seeing an overweight women on the trail, stop back up and go rip back up a hill...she was sold.  Plus they sound great and are easy as crap to work on.

Ttt!! We got this 450 and it's got a yoush slip on and k and n filter. I'm noticing it's bogging at 3/4 to full throttle when the clutch is disengaged just coasting, or in N. It hesitates for a brief moment then catches after the delay. Never rejected a carb before, but I did some reading. Thinking it needs a bigger main jet. What do you guys think? Also the dude I bought it off of said he never rejetted it after the mods.

Edited by controls77

I don't know.

I don't know shit about 4 strokes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

No worries, I just figured I'd ask. I think they both operate the same, 2 stroke or 4. But I'm thinking about checking the sea level from where I purchased it from and comparing it to where were at.

Couldn't tell you for sure how many size but it needs more fuel for the better air flow.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Exactly what I thought. It has increased air flow so I need to bump up the fuel delivery to maintain the correct ratio. I appreciate it dude. Just for knowledge sake though, how would the bike act if it was getting to much fuel and I had to step down a size on the main?