Anyone Seen Or Tried This?

02bansheerider

ok , heres my take on this subject ..know what u are getting into before u do it .. it cannot be that easy and if it is it most likly doesn't work.. i know from experience , i have a chrome kit and it's alot of work involved ..just thought i'd give u the heads up .. u might want to also consider whats your budget i have dropped alot of cash on this shit . anyone who is interested here's one of the sets of pegs we did ..

fa641bdb.jpg

fa641bd8.jpg

they give you a rebadge can of "EZ- OFF" oven cleaner cus that strips down the clear on most aluminum bike frames and they include a bunch of sand paper and polish and you get to sand and polish your bike or parts. You dont chrome anything; you are polishing aluminum. THis is a kit to polisha luminum. My friend made this mistake.

Notice in the "how to" pics they use the flash to make the metal look really messed up but after they buff it they use natural light on it to make it look alot better. It's alot easier to hide scratches and imperfections under natural light and when you take the pic at the angle they took it. <_<

GOOD GAWD HOW CAN I MAKE THAT SHINE!?!?!?!?!

step1.jpg

WOW THIS SHIT IS SOO AWESOME!!!!!!!

step3.jpg

whats in the real chrome kit?

bright copper, flash copper, nikel plate, chrome plate,anodes for all 3 baths,heaters, rectifiers, agitators,zincate for aluminum, complete instructions.EVERYTHING YOU NEED.

Don't forget experience and patience.

Lefty hit it right on the head. They could have even used some flourescent lighting to help bring the grain and other scratches out in the aluminum, + messed with the camera angle so the light reflects directly back to the camera, exposing any unpolished surfaces. Incadecent light and sun light is how I inspect my parts, because it is IMPOSSIBLE to get every scratch out under flourescent lighting.

Nothing is as easy as it looks. To polish on of my smallest parts takes around 10-15 minutes. This includes 2-3 steps of sanding, rough polish and finish polish. Bigger stuff (As in MeatHeads power valved jugs) can take weeks.