421 cub snagged ring?

So let me get this straight...............

He buys from a site sponsor.

Clearly didn't have something correct.

Now he's gonna buy from Ebay.

You say FAST

All the while the original sponsor provided what was asked for, yet won't get the second sale because of stupidity???????

Noted!

He was going to hurrily buy kit on ebay tonight and I told him not to It would be wise to have a set of experienced eyes go over new cylinders and some kind of casting clean up. Builder won't lose second sell and will get first option unless it is cheaper or equal to cost from builder I have experience with's posted price on website, nothing more. I will post pic of fuel sample, I just want to find the Issue and fix it...

well then I guess you guys helped diagnose it. lack of lube it is and I get to call  and tell the builder what had happened tomorrow. Guess I could email pics tonight.Also probably should go through the brand new pj carbs again and recheck float height, jetting,etc... and dump fuel

Something isn't adding up. Either him, or you aren't saying the whole deal.

What Part isn't adding up? I am pretty sure at this point it is his fault, he picked it up on the 4/10 and said he rode 23 miles and it ran great. 4/12 he sends me a pick of a broken tierod out riding.4/16 he asks me to help rejet cause it's bogging. I tell him to swap plugs, he says they are blackish 4/18 he brings it back over 4/20 I finally get to disassemble and here we are.. I guess I am the dumb one for not figuring out lack of lube and even questioning the build. Although upset he was pretty quick to want to buy replacement as cheap as possible and not place blame..maybe he knows he's at fault and isn't telling me 

Edited by knelson
  • Like 1