2003 banshee not revving, tors and parking brake eliminated, any ideas b4 i take it to the shop?

Green/yellow wire isolated, not grounded?

Pick up coil wires correct? some come with different color wires than stock

Pick up coil gap at .018" on both nubs?

Nubs clean on flywheel?

The green/yellow is secured properly. The new pick up was different colors and i spliced it in by setting both pick ups side by side and connecting the left side wire of the new pick up to where the left side wire went too on the old pick up and same with the right but thats an interesting idea, the nubs were good and clean, i skimmed em with 1000 grit sand paper and the gap was set to the thickness of a paper card, this is what i was told to do but i have feeler guages.

Tommorow i will double check the pick up wiring and check the gap. Thanks for the info.

Has feeler gauges but uses paper to set gap, why ?? Thickness of card stock varies greatly.

Where did this new coil come from ?

Have you inspected the grounds? Ohmed coil and plug caps???

I was told to set it with a card, i have mo problem with going back and setting it to the proper gap, i am learning here. I bought the pick up coil from my local shop and we ordered a ricky stator pick up coil, i ohm'd the pick up before and after and read 100ohms +/- both times, I havent ohm'd the plug caps, would that be done by putting one lead in one cap and the other lead in the other cap and how many ohms should i see?

I stripped back the entire wiring harness last night and found 4 open black wires that remain under the gas tank and all run intogether heading back to the cdi, I studied wiring diagrams all night and most of this morning so when i get home, im going to try to make sense of it.

I said 4 open black wires, i meant to say 3 open blacks and one black/white.

So if you don't mind throwing a few doliars at it, order a harness from Corey. I think kompulsive concepts. Ones with a K other with a C. But that's his name. He makes a harness any way you would like it

I know that there is two of those wires that have to be hooked together but i can't remember if it's part of the tors or parking brake set up. My buddy had the same problem. Also there's a black box that's part of the tors that some people forget to unhook that I believe could cause an issue. I'm not 100% sure because it was last year but something to think about if all else fails.

The wiring is a mess compared to my standard, i want to make it clean and not be a rode hard and put up wet banshee but anywayd i found a couple of burnt wires located where the right side expansion chamber connects to the silencer, i took sheeriders info and contacted kompulsive concepts and he is going to make me a new harness, ill install that and go from there, if that doesnt fix it then ill keep going with trouble shooting.

I know that there is two of those wires that have to be hooked together but i can't remember if it's part of the tors or parking brake set up. My buddy had the same problem. Also there's a black box that's part of the tors that some people forget to unhook that I believe could cause an issue. I'm not 100% sure because it was last year but something to think about if all else fails.

All of the tors componets are gone already, it was the first thing i lookee after reading up on the bikes symptons.

Well I'd say you got it figured. That white/black is the kill wire when grounded to anything. Nothing beats a new wire harness when your old one is a cobbled up mess.

I agree with that, the new harness will have everything deleted properly, it may or not fix my problem but at the end of the day, im glad i took a look at it because id hate to know i sold it to someone like it was.