Banshee Swingarm Size Suggestions

I'm currently building my bike and I'm stuck on which swingarm size I want to go with I mostly ride trails and maybe a flat track every once in a blue moon but what size swingarm will fit my application the best?

I just made the switch from stock length to -2. It is awesome in the trails. It makes popping the front end up over fallen trees so much easier as well as turning into corners. I wouldn't recommend it if the trails you ride have a lot of steep hill climbs though

I have a +4 and its not too bad for the trails. We do alot of steep shoots out of old pits though. I'm a fat guy and it'll still stand the front up if you try.

This ^^^ I surely wouldn't go any bigger than that though. However if you plan on flat tracking, a plus 4 isn't for you.

Im rebuilding the motor so Im starting with virtually a blank canvas

That's cool, but are you building to stock specifications or going to a larger piston, porting, higher compression, bigger carbs, open intake? What we need to know if your going to be in he horsepower/torque range of say stock up to 75 horsepower, the stock length swingarm or even a shortened swingarm would be fine. If your going beyond that power level it may benefit you to extend the swingarm slightly..

Edited by Big Mike NY
  • Like 1

That's cool, but are you building to stock specifications or going to a larger piston, porting, higher compression, bigger carbs, open intake? What we need to know if your going to be in he horsepower/torque range of say stock up to 75 horsepower, the stock length swingarm or even a shortened swingarm would be fine. If your going beyond that power level it may benefit you to extend the swingarm slightly..

I dont want the bike to have a lot of hp I just want it to have a lot of torque.