Reeds/carb questions

I just started into my 99 banshee. Tore down carbs. Checked Jets... 2 questions... How do you know if Jets are bad and what is the number on the side of jet represent? Also, I found I have vforce 3 reed assembly... I checked them (reeds) and it seems to have black tar looking substance on corners of reeds. When I looked up reeds on Google it said that the vforce don't fit the banshee... I'm confused with that. And I'm looking to purchase new ones to put in. What's the best online store to buy from?... Should I buy new Jets too? The jet has a 25 on the side

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Need a little more info on your setup before anyone can give a jetting suggestion. The number on the side of the pilot jet is the size. 25 is stock. Jets don't really go bad unless so what's screwed up the passage or tried to drill them unsuccessfully. Vforce fit the banshee. Make sure they aren't cracked and that they are closing right.

What do you guys need? I'm just stepping into the 4 wheeler world. I guess I can add that when I got it it has been sitting for some time. Wouldn't start. Changed plugs, gas and cleaned carbs. Got it to fire up with help but it won't Rev. Won't idle for more than 10 seconds then dies and when I give it throttle it sounds like it's flooding. Checked plug fire. Both fire. When it's running the right pipe gets warm but the left does not. Like it's not burning fuel. Just pumping piston.

Do you have a cell phone? You can take a photo and use an app called tapatalk to post the photo.

Then you pull the carb bowl off, there are two jets very visible. One 1/4" hex shaped brass jet with a single hole is your main. With yours having reeds and no other mods you would want yours to be around a 270 main. The little flat head jet sunk down in to a straw type passage in front of that is your pilot. You say yours is a 25. That's stock. You have reeds and if it were me I'd throw in a 27.5. Just one size up. If it makes the plugs wet or runs blubbery, drop it back to stock 27.5.

What do I need to take photos of? It sounds like people think I need to do a leak test regarding how it is running. So I think I will do that. But while I do what should I photograph?

Carbs, pipes and air filter setup.

What do I need to take photos of? It sounds like people think I need to do a leak test regarding how it is running. So I think I will do that. But while I do what should I photograph?

Photos of anything questionable.