My leak down test results

tdod101

In the past, I have always put a light coat of seal grease on my crank seals, is that a no no on Banshees or is it an ongoing argument?

Hmm, you're right. What you thinking?

Someone smarter then me mentioned the seal used may not be that great of a seal. Maybe try a better brand seal and check it.

And like mentioned above, fill the 2 lips with some kind of grease.

I've seen many come from the factory this way. I use assembly lube on literally everything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

In the past, I have always put a light coat of seal grease on my crank seals, is that a no no on Banshees or is it an ongoing argument?

It's an ongoing argument.

The grease heats expands and lifts seal.

Attracts dirt to area.

Needed because it's a dry fit.

Doesn't matter.

Always grease rotating parts.

Those are the ones that stick out in my head.

Someone smarter then me mentioned the seal used may not be that great of a seal. Maybe try a better brand seal and check it.

And like mentioned above, fill the 2 lips with some kind of grease.

I've seen many come from the factory this way. I use assembly lube on literally everything.

The seals were brand new OEM Yamaha Genuine parts.

sheerider11

Yeah I figured it would be a source of disagreement between builders.

It is a less is more kind of situation, no globs of grease, just wet the seal surface.

Edited by Shifty722

Faulty seal so be it can happen 100%.. but stating that it was previously leaked down tested and having a seal randomly leak now between the last time it was leaked tested and hasnt even ran yet... makes it somewhat unlikely that it was previously tested IMO....

shit can happen.. but I cant really even see that seal getting damaged or hit in shipping esp if the stator and flywheel and cover was installed when being shipped....

maybe I got spoiled with wildcard (aka spent a lot of money with them over the years lol) but they always cleaned my parts spotless inside and out before doing anything.

It has one ride on it.