I have decided 4mm stock bore dune port is plan...stock carbs, or 35s?

barry1me

OP, you're stubborn af!!

Cam only charges $250 to assemble and leak test your motor!!

I got a quote from him to basically build a 4 mil dune port using my entire motor shipped to him and shipped back to me.

I'm talking new clutch, new billet basket, pancake bearing, mattoon head with 2 sets of domes etc and it was only $2k ready to drop in.

lol I am stubborn...$250 is ok, but then another $250 for shipping.  He told me $300 to assemble it today.

No wonder sponsors can't get motors back for 6 months. Doesn't anyone put their own shit together anymore? I had never worked on a quad before in my life and i built my 4 mill serv. I just used the walkthrough that bigred posted. It's not rocket science. Use quality parts take your time and clean everything.

• Like 4

No wonder sponsors can't get motors back for 6 months. Doesn't anyone put their own shit together anymore? I had never worked on a quad before in my life and i built my 4 mill serv. I just used the walkthrough that bigred posted. It's not rocket science. Use quality parts take your time and clean everything.

Every builder I talked to told me all the time is in the porting not building the motors.  

Every builder I talked to told me all the time is in the porting not building the motors.

Takes longer to port stock cylinders than serval and driveline cylinders as well.

Plus, they're getting paid for it the whole time so I don't worry. Then if they want to dyno it, they'll also have to have it there. May as well let them do the assembly.

I know it was cheaper to have it built than to take a day off work to do it myself. Win/win in that case.

ISO purple BHQ hat. Sent from the whoops.

Can i build my own motor? Yeap. Do i have the time to build it, tune it, and make sure everything is dialed in? Nope. I work way to much to wrench on a quad when i want to ride.

Only problem I see here is that unless he is close to same elevation/conditions you will be riding in, how can he dyno tune?

He can give more accurate recommendations from dialing it in on the dyno. 

Mostly, it's a way to make sure that the engine is operating as it should before it gets shipped off. 

Only problem I see here is that unless he is close to same elevation/conditions you will be riding in, how can he dyno tune?

500ft in elevation is the difference between his place and the Oregon coast, so its not like I'm riding St. Anthonys or anything.   I only get to ride winters, so if you set the bike up for 45-55F, your spot on for the coast.

If it's anything like where I live and the temperature is liable to change as much as 40 degrees in the day, you'll become familiar enough with jetting to not worry about it.

ISO purple BHQ hat. Sent from the whoops.

Ooooorr you can spend thousands and have them put it together wrong. And or say they tested it and charge you like they tested it but never really testing it.

You speak from experience....do tell.  That is a worry of mine also.  Spend $500 between shipping, and labor and something like this happen.