Simple yet cost effective mods?

After I get my exhaust leak fixed, I am wanting to do some simple yet not to costly mods on my banshee to really wake it up. From talking to Kevin Galindo and Tyler Faith, they both think these are some good places to start...

TORS Eliminator (just to save future headaches)

V-Force 4 Reeds

+4 Timing

20cc Domes

Aftermarket Head

I'm being told the 20cc domes will put me on the borderline for fuel where I need 93 Octane. What performance differences can I expect to see with these mods? Also, does anyone know any other simple mods I can make to add power that don't cost too much? I am on a limited budget right now but plan to put a 4mil crank in when I get the money. If I'll need to change anything with my jetting/etc. on the bike with these mods then that information would be greatly appreciated!

Here is what I currently have in the bike and current riding conditions...

Premix: 40:1 w/ Amsoil Dominator

Pilot Jets: 30

Needle Jets: 4th Notch

Main Jets: 280

Air Screw: 1.5 Turns

Exhaust: FMF Fatty Gold Series w/ Powercore Silencer

K&N Filter w/ no air box lid

Current Temperature: 70-80

Elevation: 600 above sea level

Edited by 02Banshee88

I would suggest the 21cc domes.  I thought you were higher in elevation when I recommended 20cc domes. 

I'd recommend stockpiling parts to build a 4mil for when the current engine lets go (which will happen if you ride long enough).  A 4mil can be done for as little as $1200 for new parts but can go up to as much as $5k for a fully built super cub/serval and supporting mods.

Go ahead and start researching builders now.  Call them and talk to them and see who you like the most. 

• Like 1

Vforce4 reeds $200 plus

Timing plate $45 & under

Pods $99 & under

Shave or mill the stock head from Driveline cheaper then after market.

I went off cascades prices which are priced higher then everyone else.

That's easy mods & it'd be noticeable.

Could he have his flywheel lightend as well? I have one in my play motor & it seems to be good for me.

• Like 1

You haven't said what your suspension is. I'm just like you, on a limited budget and want to build a stock cylinder 4 mil. I've talked it over with an engine builder and know what I'll do. But I've decided to focus first on getting a better suspension. It means putting off my 4 mil for another year, but I think it's worth the wait. I did all the mods you listed in your original post on the '94 I bought last year, then went after the suspension. +2+1 a arms, Elka Legacy shocks, all new tires and wheels, serviced the bearings and bushings, new sprockets and chain, etc. I bought an '01 in January, already has the mods you listed, but the stock suspension is old and tired. I just talked to Richard at House of Horsepower yesterday and will be sending him my rear shock to rebuild in a couple weeks. Then a new set of Elkas on front and maybe some new paddles on back to replace the old ones.

Edited by Time Machine

Mull engineering shaved and re domed stock head will be good for good reliable power up.

your jetting is good for those pipes.  I have the same pipes and jetting on stock carbs.

Predesign air filter and EHS open lid.  You do not want to throw any dirt or mud onto pods...pods should only be used in dry only applications.  Hell I never even liked pods on street bikes.

Dropping down a tooth in the front or 2 will let you sing in the power band most times.

Boyesen power reeds is all I have ever used with no issues.

May not be the fastest but def funniest ones I've ridden has been to keep it simple.

Stock I was 100% unhappy with the banshee's power, was a joke really.  After these few simple mods I was a lot happier.

Edited by Oldskool83

Screw the 4mil, not needed

Mill stock head

+4 timing

Port stock reed cages or Vorce reeds

28mm PWK's / pod filters

SLP pipes

Hmm, seems like a site sponsor sells most of those in a package lol.

I wouldn't put that much power on a stock crank.

ISO purple BHQ hat. Sent from the whoops.

I've put more than that on a stock unwelded crank, it will probably be fine for awhile. It's always good to let people know they are on barrowed time though.

Stock cranks if welded are holding up in 100hp alky drag motors for a few seasons. Edited by trickedcarbine