Is Roll Design worth the cost?

PaymentPlan

I'm preparing to build my front end very soon. For some stupid reason I want to click the BUY IT NOW button on ebay for the Roll Design arms and Elka stage 5 package from ATV galaxy.

c5ff61206623cc3a9a5a0823a1b65fca.jpg

Why? Because the arms look sick, but is that a solid reason to buy them? Are they really worth that? For 3800 bucks, it sure doesn't seem like a whole lot of hardware. Lines, clamps, arms, and shocks, a few bolts maybe. I feel like I could get a whole lot more for my money going with Roger at Fireball. I'm pulling a trigger soon, within the next week. I just want to get my facts straight b4 I do anything. Still juggling suspension as well. Axis, fox, or elka??

I appreciate the help. My frame and motor are currently at Redline. I am getting everything ready for it right now.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My personal opinion.... I think that Roll is probably the top arm manufacturer out there for atv's,,, is it worth the 3800? questionable... what's your reason for wanting to drop that much on them?

Will you even be saving much in the long haul going to fireball which is still an awesome brand but at a much better price.... (not sure how much it is for just the shocks, brake lines and clamps alone...

regardless.. im a cheap ass and im happy with my fireball LT arms.... I can't say that laeger has a better design as im sure there's mixed opinions there so boils down to what you want and how much ya got to spend.

My reason, to have a machine with all the top notch shit that looks absolute killer.

650 is the price for the arms at fireball

Ah shit thats pretty cheap compared to Roll. I just called fireball and left them a VM on their echoing recorder lol. The thing is, if I go with Fireball, I can use that other cash to finish up the front end quicker, vs using Roll. This decesion is also factored by my suspension choice. I need to build a whole front end here.

Edited by controls77

Why do you think that? Personal preference or is that opinion founded by research? I've read that Elka has pretty bad customer services.

Coming from somebody who has Elkas, I believe their quality isn't the same as it was a few years ago. Their customer service is chill, I had some questions about my shocks and dude stayed on the phone for an hour with me and answered all my questions and concerns. He even sent me a bunch of nice Elka decals at no cost. But I do feel They are more about quantity and not quality anymore. Fireball has nice stuff! His suspension components are top of the line up their with roll. personally I wouldn't put 3800$ into the front end. What type of riding are you doing again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coming from somebody who has Elkas, I believe their quality isn't the same as it was a few years ago. Their customer service is chill, I had some questions about my shocks and dude stayed on the phone for an hour with me and answered all my questions and concerns. He even sent me a bunch of nice Elka decals at no cost. But I do feel They are more about quantity and not quality anymore. Fireball has nice stuff! His suspension components are top of the line up their with roll. personally I wouldn't put 3800$ into the front end. What type of riding are you doing again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My ridding is pretty much all around, but more focused towards MX slightly over any other style. Not a lot of competition on a track, but I have good sized planes, hills, and jumps in the back yard that I plan to take on with the shee.

Edited by controls77

yeap.. guy I dealt with at elka was super easy to talk to, they went through everything with me when I was ordering a couple sets of shocks for some buddies, I ended up getting 10% discount on the 2nd set with a couple hats, T-shirts and stickers and so on.

Ive also dealt with them quite a bit on my shee when I was looking at getting some custom shocks made for TT.

I called and asked fox about custom shocks... dude replied.. we don't do that and hung up on the spot lol....

So Where does Axis come in? Or are they not so much as superior against fox and elka?

Edited by controls77

Stage 5 Elkas from BVC Racing.

He matched ATV Galaxy and didn't charge me shipping or tax.

$650 LT Fireball a-arms are more like +2.5"+1".

My suggestion to you if you do go with Fireball is tell Larry or Roger that you want to run Raptor tie rod ends.

They're 12mm rather than 10mm.

Also when setting up your suspension, buy a cheap harbor freight digital angle finder.

I installed mine straight up and measured them, the caster was 10*.

You want around 6*-8* caster and around -1* of camber.

Less caster = better carving.

More caster = better high speed stability.

The money you save not getting Roll can be used buying a new steering stem from Fireball as well.

Also please buy a steering stabilizer if you don't have one.

I have caster set to 6* I almost ate shit the first time going down a dune when I let my weight get over the bars. She damn near bucked me off with a violent case of speed wobbles.

I got thru the weekend but it was stressful.

My buddy rode her and he almost got bucked off too.

Just my $0.02...

Stage 5 Elkas from BVC Racing.

He matched ATV Galaxy and didn't charge me shipping or tax.

$650 LT Fireball a-arms are more like +2.5"+1".

My suggestion to you if you do go with Fireball is tell Larry or Roger that you want to run Raptor tie rod ends.

They're 12mm rather than 10mm.

Also when setting up your suspension, buy a cheap harbor freight digital angle finder.

I installed mine straight up and measured them, the caster was 10*.

You want around 6*-8* caster and around no less than -1* camber.

The money you save not getting Roll can be used buying a new steering stem from Fireball as well.

Also please buy a steering stabilizer if you don't have one.

I have caster set to 6* I almost ate shit the first time going down a dune when I let my weight get over the bars. She damn near bucked me off with a violent case of speed wobbles.

I got thru the weekend but it was stressful.

My buddy rode her and he almost got bucked off too.

Just my $0.02...

Okay right on. What brand of steering stabilizer are we talking

YFZ front brakes and master bolt right up, don't bother with the yfz hubs, they throw everything off ....

Steering stabilizer the puck style is always better but their also crazy expensive.... a stick style stabilizer is quite sufficient and works well for the cost.

I personally run a streamline 11-way and its been great, you can get a rebuild able one too for a little more which are under the 200 price range.

an Anti vibe stem is pretty king for sure, i also run one with pivot rox risers which allow me not only to adjust bar height but i can pivot them to accommodate me best.

What year yfz?

Yes, use all Banshee suspension parts except use Raptor inner/outer tie rod ends.

Fireball will build you beefier tie rods to run the larger Raptor tie rod ends.

Late model YFZ rear hubs will fit Banshee axles and you'll gain almost an inch of width per side.