Can anybody tell me what year this Banshee is?

Hey guys I'm wondering what year this Banshee is in the pic below.  I love how YAMAHA is spelled out on the tank and want to look for some OEM stickers.

I'm thinking about ordering all new plastics and would like to go with this color and those decals if possible. 

Also anything else you guys could tell me about this bike would be appreciated.  One thing I'm wondering is why are the rear tires so out of proportion to the fronts?

FAVORITE_zpseuqdygeb.jpg

• Like 1

Not sure about the year but heres a chart of the banshee by year. I'm new to Banshee's personally so i dont know off hand, but the rears are disproportionate because the wheels are 10 inch instead of the factory 9 inch, and the tires appear to be 18 inch instead of 20inches what people normally run. I personally like that look but i guess its more personal preference. 

4c993e66959435c3be26108015d6223f.jpg

Edited by JasonB

Not an 01. Yamaha ran that style graphics on the tank in 2000. That was the last year of the "twin 350" decals on the side as well in that style. I've always liked that style too, the big Yamaha letters on the side and the tank graphics above it. You can order those Yamaha letters in white, silver or black. I believe they are 13$ each from Yamaha. The graphics on the tank will be harder to find, you have to buy each side and I believe it's around 38$ per piece. You're best bet is to try and find a nice set of used blue plastic. I see you're from Las Vegas, lots of nice clean plastic on the west coast.

About the graphics ending in 2000. And it being the last year for tein 350 on the rear.

pay attention to what I said "in that style" I stated. Which is true, last year for those old school style twin 350 decals was 2000. 2001 they switched them to a newer version

Well after a second look it looks like the TWIN 350 emblems are obsolete as well.  Double suck…

Are there any custom graphics makers out there that you can email a picture to and have them make you something similar?

Find someone with a vinyl cutter, like a Silhouette Cameo, check hobby stores, they're popular with hobbyists and teachers. They should be able to cut the YAMAHA letters and get pretty close to the original font. The TWIN and 350 might have to be done in two pieces. You could position them next to each other. Might not look exactly like original, but it will be close and won't cost much. They might even be able to import the exact images into the software.

Part zilla, bike bandit, rmatv, motorsports etc. Whoever sells OEM. Just price shop. Also some years have multiple colors. For example my white plastics ate obsolete for my 01. But for the same thing for one of the white 2006 models they are still being made.

• 11 months later...

Hey guys I'm wondering what year this Banshee is in the pic below.  I love how YAMAHA is spelled out on the tank and want to look for some OEM stickers.

I'm thinking about ordering all new plastics and would like to go with this color and those decals if possible. 

Also anything else you guys could tell me about this bike would be appreciated.  One thing I'm wondering is why are the rear tires so out of proportion to the fronts?

FAVORITE_zpseuqdygeb.jpg

Hate to dig up an old thread(No I don't), but I have been trying to find more pictures of 10 inch rear wheels with knobbies.. I love that look..