My 2006 SE build up

JasonB

Bike ran strong as fuck for about 3 hrs before it locked up. Not sure if a wrist pin came out or what. It locked up at WOT, we towed it back 4 miles out of the dunes. Tried to see if it was free At camp and it fired up making some nasty noises. Coming back apart soon but I'm movin all my shit from STL to my new house in Dallas so I won't have time for a few weeks.

cd9914f4e8c18225a690c876c2b39406.jpg

On a side note my turbo YXZ ran its dick off all week 300+ miles bouncing off the rev limiter without an issue. 8f1958300d547114ba212f8268923d82.jpg

• Like 3

Bike ran strong as fuck for about 3 hrs before it locked up. Not sure if a wrist pin came out or what. It locked up at WOT, we towed it back 4 miles out of the dunes. Tried to see if it was free At camp and it fired up making some nasty noises. Coming back apart soon but I'm movin all my shit from STL to my new house in Dallas so I won't have time for a few weeks.

cd9914f4e8c18225a690c876c2b39406.jpg

On a side note my turbo YXZ ran its dick off all week 300+ miles bouncing off the rev limiter without an issue. 8f1958300d547114ba212f8268923d82.jpg

Damn that sux. Hence why i always take a spare bike just in case. Lol...glad you had the yxz for back up.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'm gonna go with two scenarios or a combo of both

#1- you damaged more than the eye could see/feel when you cracked that crank bearing assembling the first time

#2- with the new power the crank tried pulling itself out the clutch side

#3- developed an air leak from bouncing around

Either way your first order of business is to perform a pressure test this way you know if it was an air leak issue.

I would be more than willing to break it down and assess the damage to let you know the cause free of charge

Let me know if you need anything, I know a port job didn't cause it to seize up but I still feel bad for you not being able to enjoy it , that bitch must of ran hard as hell with some paddles and traction

• Like 4

#1- you damaged more than the eye could see/feel when you cracked that crank bearing assembling the first time

Either way your first order of business is to perform a pressure test this way you know if it was an air leak issue.

I would be more than willing to break it down and assess the damage to let you know the cause free of charge

Let me know if you need anything, I know a port job didn't cause it to seize up but I still feel bad for you not being able to enjoy it , that bitch must of ran hard as hell with some paddles and traction

I'm not worried about it, just a bike. And I wouldn't blame port work, no way that would do anything. I've toasted plenty of top ends but never locked anything up, air leaks burn rings this wasn't a lean condition something came lose.

Thanks for the offer to tear it down though man! At this point I'm broke from the week long Glamis trip, buying the YXZ, and buying a house. 40 bucks to ship a busted motor ain't in my budget this year lol