+4 timing and 21cc domes, any jetting changes

64mm stock pistons, no porting chariot cool head with 21 cc domes, vf4 reeds, chariot intake manifold, k&n pods, +4 timing, running 93 octane. So I already put a hole in a piston but to avoid the same shit from happening again, do I need to change the jetting to richer when running +4 timing and 21cc domes or did I fuck up by running 93 gas. thanks

cpi small bore in-frames, 27.5 pilot, 4th clip on needle, 330 mains. Im pondering if its possible that a float needle could be adjusted wrong and starve the engine of fuel at WOT, I did mess with it trying to get the fuel to stop pouring out the overflow, the other piston looks good so im thinking that the root of the problem lies in the float adjustment of the carb on the side of the blown piston, I appreciate the feedback, btw I did a leak down before riding and after I blew the piston and it held 6 psi for more than 10min. Thanks

Edited by ScEaMin BaNsheE 305

Get some carb rebuild kits and set the floats as per the manual.

Good to see that you're doing a leak test.

Remember that an engine that's just a hair lean may present with detonation once you add timing. Get the jetting right (via plug chop), THEN add timing.

Make sure you have your filter clean and oiled and that you use E10 93 gas if you ever switch back and forth. Jetting with E10 and running mogas is fine. Jetting for mogas and then running E10 will make it a tad lean (by stoichometry, about 4% lean). Jetting with a dirty filter will make you leaner once you clean it.

None of these is major, but all of these going wrong at once and them adding timing will probably start eating the piston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by tfaith08