Coolant nipple on head. PLEASE advise

Hey guys. Just about finished with my yfshee. I will post all the pics soon as i finish her up. Another week or so. But my last problem i encountered i need help/advice with from the banshee veterans. As you all kno. The banshee rad has two nipples on top. One for the overflow tank and the one that connects to the nipple on the head between the cylinders. I used an oversized yfz rad for my build. They do not have the two nipples. So my question is, aside from the obvious having the second nipple welded on, are there any solutions for this? Suggestions of the board highly appreciated. Could i tee it to the overflow hose? Cap it off? Use a vent such as gas cap one? Please advise

Guest XDOVAYA

I'm in a similar situation my overflow bottle hose fell off the connection to the radiator last time out riding trying to figure out where it connects back up to maybe it goes to 1 of the nipples you mentioned?

Just cap? And would you cap it then just let the rad cap loose while running to bleed the system? That would be my bet. Or are you think leave rad cap tight. And let idle and gargle out of that spot then cap once air is hopefully out?

I don't know. I'd fill it till it pisses out of there the wiggle a cap on I guess.

Hoping for some more certain answer haha.

But you believe capping it would be better than a "t" to the overflow line?

I say it like that because you're honestly over thinking it.

Just follow the lines and you'll see how/what/why.

Once you put a little thought into it you'll understand.

I have put plenty of thought into this and im not overthinking anything. but thanks for That. Considering I just spend thousands building this bike, i would say having the cooling system operate properly is pretty damn important.

Edited by JMaN05

Yes, as it will be pressurized.

But from where this connects to the rad, wouldnt that make the overflow bottle pressurized as well. Considering they both go to essentially the same spot. Just opposite sides of the rad. Again. I only ask so in depth cause we are talking alot of money invested here. Logically i would assume connecting to the overflow would act very similar. An air bubble on the system would then come out in the tank?

But from where this connects to the rad, wouldnt that make the overflow bottle pressurized as well. Considering they both go to essentially the same spot. Just opposite sides of the rad. Again. I only ask so in depth cause we are talking alot of money invested here. Logically i would assume connecting to the overflow would act very similar. An air bubble on the system would then come out in the tank?

Your not following the lines. That line is free flowing.

Fill the system and it'll piss out of it.

The over flow is blocked by the cap. Cap opens and you get over flow.

That line plugs direct into the system via the opposite inlet that you don't have. So it needs to be blocked.

Thanks guys. Much appreciated

Okay, might as well ask one more question while i have some attention of the board.

Question, relating to The little breather hose that comes out of th back of the motor by the rear engine mount. Also the breather that comes out by the water pump impeller. I kno the two are connected by t. But in the clymer it looks like the other end of the "t" isnt just hangin. Looks like it is plugged in somewhwere... Any ideas??

Thanks again. That should be the last question. I am fabbing up some head pipes tonight. Well at least one. I can smell the end!! So exciting!! :]