Anybody ever wrapped their exhaust?

Tyler S

Pretty close to half throttle. Last year when I was checked by the warden he did not pay close attention as to exactly how much throttle I gave. So I recently tested throttle positions, seemed just under half throttle was consistently about 98db. In Wisconsin the limit is 96db. Warden said he'd allow me 98bd since I was on an older, nicely rebuild 2 stroke (LT250R). I assume he will give me 98db on my Banshee. Sucks to quiet it down with the header wrap and stock silencers. I put about 1000 miles of trail riding this past summer up north and never ran into or saw a warden. Okauchee Lake and the surrounding lakes are regularly patrolled in the winter. Effing rich bitches complaining. No DNR restrictions on the dirtbikes though.

Hrmp. I don't know. My buddy has the same db meter that the warden does, and he has the calibration tuning forks too. Maybe his is not working properly. But I have to be quiet. The warden knows me and said he will ticket me next time. I keep moving the tracks farther out into the middle of the lake as soon as ice conditions allow me to, but the prick still comes out and checks all the quads. Needless to say my YZ125 will be as loud as possibil this winter.

I wrapped the header on my Warrior to keep my leg cool. And yeah I've heard the stuff stays wet so I let it run til it dries. I used the DEI Titanium stuff.

It helps immensely to wet it a little before ya start wrapping. Lays down so so much nicer. It took all of a 2"x15' roll to go back to the silencer on my Warrior.

Edited by BANSHEE CHAOS