best porting

Darkblade

hence the last bit of my comment lol...    I think quality control would come into play when looking at the pics....   (I cant see them at work)  1 set fubar of how many?

Im still with driveline as far as quality goes but I think niche has plenty of potential too and wouldnt talk down on them without hearing and see more people run them.

Ive seen a few bikes online here for sale claiming niche cyls how do they run... no idea but their just beat up  stockers for the most part....

Darkblade....  for nika... you would have to ship the cylinders out to a nika shop such as millennium and the prices usually range in  the 350-400 however  a properly tuned bike shouldnt pop badly.... and if a crank throws a fit.. no matter which cyls you go with... their usually fubar.

so even if the rings are just worn out i have to have them replated

Why not try and find a nice complete used top end that has been set up by a reputable builder. Lots of Redline, Fast, HJR, top ends for sale with cylinders, domes, and misc hardware for great prices. Buy one up, get it bored/honed for fresh pistons and have the same thing for far less.

The niche cylinders are in fact trashy. I've seen them and was the complete opposite of impressed. If you want an OEM'ish cylinder get some used Stock cyls. They pop up on here untouched quite often for $250-300 a lot.

so even if the rings are just worn out i have to have them replated

No, not at all. In fact the Nikasil is far easier to deal with on a rebuild. Just wipe them out with acid if they have any aluminum left in the bore from a piston getting coolant. Then diamond hone on the spot. That's all doable in your garage. The Nikasil really can take a beating. If something happens to where it needs to be replated, you would of had to probably replace or at least bore an iron liner several sizes.

Why not try and find a nice complete used top end that has been set up by a reputable builder. Lots of Redline, Fast, HJR, top ends for sale with cylinders, domes, and misc hardware for great prices. Buy one up, get it bored/honed for fresh pistons and have the same thing for far less.

The niche cylinders are in fact trashy. I've seen them and was the complete opposite of impressed. If you want an OEM'ish cylinder get some used Stock cyls. They pop up on here untouched quite often for $250-300 a lot.

hell no man im not getting another used set thats why im lookin at niche or driveline im on my 3rd set of cylinders and im tyred of buying used cylinders i just finnised my 4mil build and come to find out my cylinders that i bought in may 2015 that were 64.5 bore had to be bored to 66 thats fuckin insane im done with used shit and on top of that almost all of the intake threads stripped out and i had to helicoil them the the drill for the helicoil was too big and put a hole on the intake side of the threads so there was not enough metal to hold the helicoi and it just ripped right back out and my cylinder is getting welded as i am typing so fuck used cylinders and lol the worst part is that with every set of cylinders i get they all have a different problem lol

No, not at all. In fact the Nikasil is far easier to deal with on a rebuild. Just wipe them out with acid if they have any aluminum left in the bore from a piston getting coolant. Then diamond hone on the spot. That's all doable in your garage. The Nikasil really can take a beating. If something happens to where it needs to be replated, you would of had to probably replace or at least bore an iron liner several sizes.

so if i dont have to get them replated then what do i have to do cause i cant just put ne pistons and rings in there lol

hell no man im not getting another used set thats why im lookin at niche or driveline im on my 3rd set of cylinders and im tyred of buying used cylinders i just finnised my 4mil build and come to find out my cylinders that i bought in may 2015 that were 64.5 bore had to be bored to 66 thats fuckin insane im done with used shit and on top of that almost all of the intake threads stripped out and i had to helicoil them the the drill for the helicoil was too big and put a hole on the intake side of the threads so there was not enough metal to hold the helicoi and it just ripped right back out and my cylinder is getting welded as i am typing so fuck used cylinders and lol the worst part is that with every set of cylinders i get they all have a different problem lol

Maybe the problem is you don't know how to find these issues before purchasing them. Add to that, I doubt you are getting a REPUTABLE SELLER to sell you something set up PROPERLY by a SKILLED builder. Typical when someone wants everything for bottom dollar. Unfortunately you got a hard education from some purchases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ re read what you qouted. The answer to your question is already there. Most Nikasil stuff rarely needs the Diamond hone if you rebuild at regular intervals.

srry all i saw when i made the quote was not at all lol it must have been a glitch

Maybe the problem is you don't know how to find these issues before purchasing them. Add to that, I doubt you are getting a REPUTABLE SELLER to sell you something set up PROPERLY by a SKILLED builder. Typical when someone wants everything for bottom dollar. Unfortunately you got a hard education from some purchases.

yea i bought what i could afford im only 19 and i just turned 19 i paid for everything myself so i did wat i could and i enjoy building the motor my self i just dont know alot about nikasil i also think having to go from 64.5 to 66 was bull shit i saw those cylinders and they were perfect the pistons didnt even have carbon on them i gave him 65mm 795 pistons and i think he over bored them so then i had to pay 200 bucks for pistons and i got brand new 65 sittin on the shelf Edited by Darkblade

more proof you need to stop being a broke dick and spend the money up front for quality parts. you clearly are trying to pinch pennies and it is costing you lots of money.

did you even read the whole post i said i bought what i could afford i was 17 at the time i had no money im lucky i was able to buy the parts to get it running

I have no experience with Niche or Driveline cylinders personally, but there's one builder here that has a set of the Niche and he said they can be ported just like OEM. I know the Driveline cylinders will work well also.

Or you can listen to people who have zero experience with either.

I have no experience with Niche or Driveline cylinders personally, but there's one builder here that has a set of the Niche and he said they can be ported just like OEM. I know the Driveline cylinders will work well also.

Or you can listen to people who have zero experience with either.

I'm not sure why you quoted me?