Diesel Pickup Thread

87sheerips

9$ bushings and 50$ stator....   so you buy chink junk from ebay.....   yea im sure that works out well....

Control arm, swaybar bushings and whatnot are only around 9 bucks or so... starters on small cars are around 50, usually they dont actually go bad and can easily be fixed.

i guess ive just got so damn lucky. Some people have multiple cars and these things called work vehicles.

Yeah but I'm not white trash and don't have vehicles just scattered among my property.

I have 1 nice truck with a warranty.

And 100k will take me about 8 to 10 years to put on.

I won't be keeping the same truck for 8 to 10 years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I'm just over here like, "who needs a brand new vehicle to drive 10,000 miles a year?"

That's 27.39 miles a day. Get a bike. You'll be richer, healthier, and will hopefully crash while using Tapatalk and trying to ride a bike.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

10K miles a year jesus... my truck is a secondary driver 2014 new and it has 60K km's...

i got a 04 sentra with 255K that ive owned for about 3 years at 180K which is rusting the hell out....

I work less then a mile from home.

So in a work week I put on about 3 to 4 miles.

In the summer I try to use the motorcycle as much as possible.

So you have never down any of those test? Go figure. Useless troll.

What makes them the best built? Every engine you mentioned is garbage by today's standards. The interior is shit, the seats are terrible, they are slow. Maybe the engines last a while, but some people like having power heated seats, or a power telescopic steering wheel that is heated, or something that goes fast, or something that doesn't ride like shit.

Yes some of those engines were great. The 7.3 was a great engine, but shit transmission (when auto). The jeep 4.0 was great but shit transmission. The 22r was a great engine, the vehicles they are engine are shit.

After 15 years of driving, a car is worn out. Not the engine, but the car. The seats are worn, the buttons are worn, everything is worn. 

Lol you think the quality now is better? are you fucking serious cheesey ass fake pleather and plastic made from african babies skin, buff a newer car and it sounds like the panels are going to vibrate off and shit. Heated seats and shit lmfao you think only new cars have that? LOL i had a 94 jeep and 93 cummins both loaded power everything cruise, tilt, window defrost, sentinel lights, keyless blah blah. What are you a female? you got soft skin and a new vehicle with a tampon dispenser and a heated dildo built into your seat? you prissy ass princess.

15 years yea it just gets old and its done right? I guess we should retire the c130s in the AF too, they are too old and dont do any good huh they are just worn out. Lets get rid of all these planes and just get new shit. both my car and truck are over 20 with flawless interior.

Yes zilla i have never tested anything im just guessing on everything i told you i dont even know what a compression tester is, or a u-tube manometer for blowby and whatnot i guess im just pulling the info from my ass. 2 crx cars 220+k, 335+k miles 2 jeeps 285k 255k, older cummins 615k miles that shit is all luck i understand i completely. Not sure how road tractors go million miles or so without an inframe or out of frame rebuild guess luck. they should buy a new engine every 10k right?

• Like 1

What makes them the best built? Every engine you mentioned is garbage by today's standards. The interior is shit, the seats are terrible, they are slow. Maybe the engines last a while, but some people like having power heated seats, or a power telescopic steering wheel that is heated, or something that goes fast, or something that doesn't ride like shit.

Yes some of those engines were great. The 7.3 was a great engine, but shit transmission (when auto). The jeep 4.0 was great but shit transmission. The 22r was a great engine, the vehicles they are engine are shit.

After 15 years of driving, a car is worn out. Not the engine, but the car. The seats are worn, the buttons are worn, everything is worn.

What's wrong with the 7.3 auto trans I've got 140k on mine and works like new?
  • Like 1

Oh and the jeep 4.0 trans was shit huh? the ax-15 and aw4 arent good? news to me. Maybe you need to do a little more reading... or stop using the wrong damn oil in shit with bronze syncros.

Edited by ATVridinMaNiAc

Oh, ok had me worried thought my truck was going to fall apart and id have to spend 70k on a warranty new truck.

Idno after hearing his great advice it might be a good idea...might just self destruct.

trans temp gauge, oil cooler, good fluid and it should last a long time.

Some people don't have issues, others do. It isn't a great trans. There are mods you can do, get a bigger cooler (many use one from a 6.0), change out the valve body.

Ya , I put the 6.0 cooler on last month. I still don't see how people justify 70k for a new truck. If people would stop buying them the price would come down. 50k would be reasonable.