Diesel Pickup Thread

87sheerips

Saying "they all have their issuies" is a blanket statement. In a world of percentages, ford trucks break more than the other big 2 from what I have seen.

In a world of percentages there's also A LOT more Fords on the road than the other 2. So of course there's gonna be more repairs.

The numbers are hard to sift through but Ford sold just shy of 800,000 F series pickups in 2015. GM sold 700,000 if you combine GMC and Chevy. Dodge sold 400,000.

Now factor in commercial sales. Ford put another 500,000 on the road, just in commercial pickups (cab and chassis f350 through f550). Chevy and Dodge numbers in the commercial sector aren't even worth mentioning (less than 100,000 combined) although Dodge is trying to take some of Fords overwhelming market share.

I'm not trying to take sides, I'm just saying of course you're going to see more Fords sitting in repair bays. There's damn near twice as many of them registered and on the road than any other brand.

And as for Bennetts buddies with no issues out of their dmax's and cummins, he either

a) has no buddies

or

B) they use their trucks for flower boxes in the front yard.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

In a world of percentages there's also A LOT more Fords on the road than the other 2. So of course there's gonna be more repairs.

The numbers are hard to sift through but Ford sold just shy of 800,000 F series pickups in 2015. GM sold 700,000 if you combine GMC and Chevy. Dodge sold 400,000.

Now factor in commercial sales. Ford put another 500,000 on the road, just in commercial pickups (cab and chassis f350 through f550). Chevy and Dodge numbers in the commercial sector aren't even worth mentioning (less than 100,000 combined) although Dodge is trying to take some of Fords overwhelming market share.

I'm not trying to take sides, I'm just saying of course you're going to see more Fords sitting in repair bays. There's damn near twice as many of them registered and on the road than any other brand.

And as for Bennetts buddies with no issues out of their dmax's and cummins, he either

a) has no buddies

or

Haha we can all agree to disagree here. You guys can keep buying your fords and I will continue to buy anything but a ford. And several of my friends pulled with their trucks, broken drive shafts and fucked transmissions? You bet. Motor issuies? Zero. ;)

Lol. I just had to rub it in a bit. I know I sound gay for Ford but mine's been pretty good.

I've thought about going to a Dodge cause they're nice as fuck but the local dealer sucks balls and my Ford dealer has been awesome.

a) has no buddies

or

All kinds of truth here

Lol. I just had to rub it in a bit. I know I sound gay for Ford but mine's been pretty good.

I've thought about going to a Dodge cause they're nice as fuck but the local dealer sucks balls and my Ford dealer has been awesome.

Yes. Our local Jeep/Dodge/Chrysler sucks so bad we road tripped to OKC to pick up my Jeep.

Tits FTW.

No liquor FTL.

Yes. Our local Jeep/Dodge/Chrysler sucks so bad we road tripped to OKC to pick up my Jeep.

Tits FTW.

No liquor FTL.

Exactly. This place basically "just didn't have time" to sell Tyler a brand new Jeep SRT8.

Idk about you guys, but when someone walks through my door ready to spend 70k, I'm gonna do business.

Exactly. This place basically "just didn't have time" to sell Tyler a brand new Jeep SRT8.

Idk about you guys, but when someone walks through my door ready to spend 70k, I'm gonna do business.

That's awful stupid of them. Oh well take your business elsewhere. The new dodge trucks are really nice.

That's awful stupid of them. Oh well take your business elsewhere. The new dodge trucks are really nice.

They claimed they couldn't find one. I did a quick search on Autotrader and was talking to a dealership in OKC within 15 minutes. They called me back in 5 minutes and I put the deposit down. We picked it up the next day. Fucking lazy dealership here.

They claimed they couldn't find one. I did a quick search on Autotrader and was talking to a dealership in OKC within 15 minutes. They called me back in 5 minutes and I put the deposit down. We picked it up the next day. Fucking lazy dealership here.

I had the exact same experience with both the local dodge and honda dealers.  Both said they couldnt get what i want.  Traveled to a dealer that was more than happy to either find it (honda) or order it (dodge).  some of these fucking salesman just dont seem to want to earn any money.