Diesel Pickup Thread

87sheerips

To my knowledge both 7.3 trucks had chips not custom ones just off the shelf chips. A chip and they lost rods give me a break. Besides head studs and firerings, you dont have to even think about internals in a cummins until you get close to 4 digit horsepower numbers. Hell you dont have to even think about those until horsepower levels are past where those powdered rods already left the ford. My comments are innacurate about the 6.0? Id ask you to explain but you will write a 4 page essay i wont read anyway. My dads neighbor and a very good friend just got rid of 6.0 liter trucks due to headgasket faIlures and bad injectors. I find it odd that my comments are not accurate but both trucks had the exact same issues and both were bone fucking stock. Both trucks were original owners right around 100k miles not some piece of shit they bought used and abused. They were quoted for headgaskets studs EGR coolers and replacement of the bad injectors. I believe one truck needed 2 the other 3. Two totally different shops in differnet cities. Either there is some giant conspiracy selling these guys the same story or both trucks broke the same shit. So if my comments are inaccurate tell them all about it. Your point about the problems with the 6.4 and 6.0 not being the engines fault but the fault of the emmisions parts is fucking lame. At the end of the day ford put those systems on there and they cause problems. If im driving down the road and the bitch leaves me stranded i dont give a fuck if its the emmissions, the motor or the fucking headlights. Broke is broke and ford built it not the customer who has to pay to fix it all later on. And im not some brand blind loyalist, i know quite well they all have their shortcomings. That is the very reason that i have had manual transmissions in every cummins truck ive ever owned. My next truck will be an automatic as the Aisin finally seems to be worth owning and quite frankly im tired of rowing gears. At the end of the day you guys can buy whatever you want. If by some miracle ford ever put a straight 6 with a big C on the valve cover id be the first person in line to buy one.

Just to be clear, I intentionally avoided purchasing a 6.0 until late 2006 due to all the hearsay at the time.

I didn't have any kind of understanding as to the details of the dreaded 6.0 issues and what really caused them. Just limited amounts of info told to me by others who really didn't understand either.

The only reason we ended up with one is a client died who owed me a large chunk of money. The estate settled with me by giving me the truck. The truck was almost new at the time.

We planned to sell the 6.0 truck to recoupe the cash, instead we ended up keeping it as we needed another truck at the time.

We have experienced some of the stereo typical 6.0 issues and we have resolved them.

I made the decision to dig in deep and find put exactly why the failures were occurring and how to prevent them. Once I fully understood, the whole negative stigma to the 6.0 became a much smaller deal.

It is no secret the 6.0 had issues, and it is no secret that a lot of consumers paid the burden one way or another. I do still maintain that 90% or more of those issues are emissions related.

I still maintain that your summarizing statements on the 6.0 and 6.4 are not fully accurate. I will leave it up to you to find out the whole truth if you want from another source.

For me at the end of the day, those issues can be resolved and you still have the best and most durable truck on the market regardless of which powerstroke motor it is powered by.

And for the record, if a Cummins was offered in a Ford, I would definitely chose the Cummins power option. No one can deny what a Cummins offers on the overall.

Ha! Lol

No, I am not going to turn this debate into a personal attack on your character or on what you do to earn a living.

My point was this: You know as well as I do then that there is a reason they say physicians are "Practicing Medicine"

Even some of the most highly educated people in our society, doctors, don't have all the answers every time and they even make mistakes. They are learning new ways everyday.

The same reality holds true for the big three truck manufacturers. Constantly learning and improving based upon finding out what does and does not work.

I agree fully

Just to be clear, I intentionally avoided purchasing a 6.0 until late 2006 due to all the hearsay at the time.

I didn't have any kind of understanding as to the details of the dreaded 6.0 issues and what really caused them. Just limited amounts of info told to me by others who really didn't understand either.

The only reason we ended up with one is a client died who owed me a large chunk of money. The estate settled with me by giving me the truck. The truck was almost new at the time.

We planned to sell the 6.0 truck to recoupe the cash, instead we ended up keeping it as we needed another truck at the time.

We have experienced some of the stereo typical 6.0 issues and we have resolved them.

I made the decision to dig in deep and find put exactly why the failures were occurring and how to prevent them. Once I fully understood, the whole negative stigma to the 6.0 became a much smaller deal.

It is no secret the 6.0 had issues, and it is no secret that a lot of consumers paid the burden one way or another. I do still maintain that 90% or more of those issues are emissions related.

I still maintain that your summarizing statements on the 6.0 and 6.4 are not fully accurate. I will leave it up to you to find out the whole truth if you want from another source.

For me at the end of the day, those issues can be resolved and you still have the best and most durable truck on the market regardless of which powerstroke motor it is powered by.

And for the record, if a Cummins was offered in a Ford, I would definitely chose the Cummins power option. No one can deny what a Cummins offers on the overall.

I also agree, my issue is this.  As you stated you fixed the issues related to the 6 liter.  I believe i read that you deleted and tuned your trucks correct?  If i misread that forgive me.  Here is my big rub on that.  Some of us have emissions testing and even road side checks to deal with.  i dont agree with any of it but its a reality.  So for guys here, they do not have the option to remove the shit that poisons the new trucks.  Im aware there are fixes that help but removal is the real answer yes?

I would never ever say that all 3 of the makers dont have their issues, that is stupid.   However removing emissions equipment to make a truck reliable is simply not an option around here.  You wanted to know the reasons i feel the way i feel and i told you.  We will just have to agree to disagree about what brand is parked in the garage.  Im truly happy your trucks have worked out for you, i hate seeing people take it in the ass with lemons.  Trust me if you read above ive got one now.  I took a chance and went against trusted advice given to me and it bit me in the ass.  My neighbor has the exact same car and has had zero issues.  With regard to the trucks I just cant justify switching away from something that has done me well and the last thing i want to hear is I told you so AGAIN.

I just spent about 8 hours on a road trip in a new superduty.  The interior was awesome, it rode great and ran really well.  I would have liked to put my trailer on it to tow something but didnt have time and its not mine.  Perhaps the 6.7 will change my mind on the powerstroke.  The 15 ram HD rides amazing imho and i think the interior is great in it as well.   If it were not for the availability of the Aisin in the 3500 and up ram i might look harder at a ford right now.  For me im going to stick with what has worked just like you will stick with what has worked for you. 

Jesus christ you made me go all windycity

• Like 1

I can't get 6.7l cummins deleted in Michigan... But across the border in Indiana I have to sign waiver... $1800 for the delete and EFI LIVE...and I figure the ROI is 18 months with spending roughly $100/month less in fuel.... Prob gonna happen sooner than I originally planned.

I don't know where u live 8sheerips. But I know in some states it a 5k plus fine for deleting it and now states that require it dealers will no longer take them as trade in with a delete done. Something to look into as they consider deleting of the emissions system off-road use only

This^^^^ It's a good thing I saved my stock emissions equipment off my duramax when I traded it in. Otherwise they were told me they couldn't even take it and if they did they were giving me 3k less for it since they would have to replace everything.